Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
zevcohen
1410 Views, 8 Replies

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015

Hello,

2 questions:

1. Will version 2015 of Autodesk Vehicle Tracking (network version) run on an older version of Civil 3D, specifically 2013?

If no, then 2nd question:

2. Can the network version of Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015 coexist on the same network as a network version of Savoy Autotrack?

Here's my problem:

I have Civil 3D users on 2013 and I'm moving everyone to 2015. I have Savoy AutoTrack version 10.21, which will not run on Civil 2015 but will run on Civil 2013. So I could get Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015 for Civil 2015 but if it doesn't run on Civil 2013 than I'd be forced to run AutoTrack and Vehicle Tracking together or not run Civil 2013. However, I'd really like to keep Civil 2013 available while the users get familiar with Civil 2015 (and have the vehicle tracking software available for both versions) 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
doni49
in reply to: zevcohen

By "Network Version", do you mean the LICENSE is networked?  I assume that's what you mean because the software itself can't be installed on and run accross a network.

I can't say definitively, but I see no reason why the two different licenses couldn't co-exist.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain

I am fairly certain the answer to #1 is no.

I agree with Don on #2.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
zevcohen
in reply to: doni49

Yes, I meant that the License is networked.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 9
DarrenP

the answer to #1 is no

Autodesk® Vehicle Tracking 2015.3 requires and runs within a host application. The supported 64-bit host applications are the following products:

• Autodesk® AutoCAD® 2015
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Architecture 2015
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2015
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Map 3D 2015
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Plant 3D 2015
  • Autodesk® AutoCAD® Utility Design 2015
  • Bentley® MicroStation® V8i (SELECTseries 1) (08.11.07.171 to 442)
  • Bentley® MicroStation® V8i (SELECTseries 2) (08.11.07.443 or higher)
  • Bentley® MicroStation® V8i (SELECTseries 3) (08.11.09.292 or higher)
    Note: Other versions of MicroStation® and Bentley® civil products are not supported.

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2015.3 can be hosted by MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 1, 2, or 3), AutoCAD 2015, and the above-specified AutoCAD 2015-based applications on the same machine.

Please see the host application's system requirements for additional information.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
jmayo-EE

1. No.

2. Yes.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
zevcohen
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks everyone for the responses. One other question....

Since Vehicle Tracking 2014 will run on AutoCAD 2013, I thought I could run that version to cover the 2013 users and run version 2015 of Vehicle Tracking to cover the 2015 users. I know I can run the older version as per my Autodesk license aggreement, but the question is if I can run both the 2014 and 2015 versions (network versions) on the same network, and have each user only connect to one or the other depending on which version of AutoCAD they have open?

Message 8 of 9
viji.kumar

Yes, AVT2014 (AutoCAD 2013) and AVT 2015 (AutoCAD 2015) can run on the same machine with the same network license, and load successfully and separately depending on which version of AutoCAD open.

This was the testing done:

•   Install AutoCAD 2013/2015 with same license server;
  •   Install AVT 2014/2015 with above license server;
  •   Launch AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2015 side by side.

AVT2014 is loaded automatically and successfully in AutoCAD 2013, and same with AVT 2015 in AutoCAD 2015.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Viji.Kumar
Message 9 of 9
zevcohen
in reply to: viji.kumar

Thanks Viji

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report