Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking (2014)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
doni49
323 Views, 9 Replies

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking (2014)

We have Autodesk Vehicle Tracking 2014. I'm wondering if anyone has found any good training materials that we can use. Every "tutorial" I've found seems more like a product demo than a tutorial. They show what it can do but don't explain any of the settings as they go through it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: doni49

@doni49 If you are a partner, there is some great material on One Team Source.  If you are not, let me know and I can send you some stuff.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

@Anonymous wrote:

@doni49 If you are a partner

I'm not even sure what that means so I'd guess that I'm not.  🙂  I'd be interested in seeing anything you're willing to share.  Thanks!

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
ToddRogers-WPM

An Autodesk Reseller.  Give me your email address and I will send you some stuff.  If you don't want to share it on here, send me a private message.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 10
doni49

I'm guessing the software is still too new to find much training material out there.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 10
doni49

Some more detail about what I'm getting at:

I've been tinkering with the software while I had a little bit of downtime. 

I created a retangular shaped parking lot.  Then I placed parking spaces along the perimter of the lot.  When I used the "Parallel Row" button to create an additional row, it created another rectangular "row" of spaces.  So the spaces INSIDE the rectangle were "landlocked".  Is there no way to create a row that is parallel to just one side of the lot?  Is there no way to remove one side of the newly created row?  Or do I need to draw the new row separately?

Regarding creating a Roundabout:  I saw him create it on a C3D alignment and it created the corridor.  But is there no way to control the PROFILE of the approach roads?  I didn't see him ID a profile to use.

Is there a way to use this to create regular roadway intersections instead of roundabouts?

These are the TYPES of things I was hoping to see training material cover.  I'm sure there will be other things as I dig in to this.

Don Ireland

Message 7 of 10
ToddRogers-WPM

Check and see if Savoy has any training material. This is who Autodesk purchased from.
Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 10
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:
Check and see if Savoy has any training material. This is who Autodesk purchased from.

Thanks.  I just checked and all their site does is redirect to the Autodesk site which provides the same demo videos.

Oh well.  I'll work my way through it.  Maybe as I go along, I'll try to come up with some of my own tutorials to post.  I've been wanting to get into blogging.  🙂

Don Ireland

Message 9 of 10
doni49

doni49 wrote:

Regarding creating a Roundabout:  I saw him create it on a C3D alignment and it created the corridor.  But is there no way to control the PROFILE of the approach roads?  I didn't see him ID a profile to use. 

Well I just found this answer.

When selecting the approach road location, there's an option that allows me to select the profile of the alignment.

AVTRoundaboutProfile.png

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Sounds likeoffseting a pline? I wouldn't expect one leg ot he pline to offset. Perhaps the perimeter needs to be segmented? I'm guessing. My delivery hasn't arived yet, but I am excited to get it.

Have you checked out toutube? they may not be tutorials but I'm sure we can glean something from them. There must be something some of these go on for more than an hour

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=autodesk+vehicle+tracking+tutorial&gbv=2&oq=Autodesk...

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report