Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
AllenJessup
844 Views, 11 Replies

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium

I'm downloading Infrastructure Design Suite. I noticed on the Subscription download page that Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium was also available. Is this going to be part of the available software or did they add that accidentally?

abd.PNG

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: AllenJessup

I noticed that as well...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 12
stewarteng
in reply to: neilyj666

I got all excited yesterday and downloaded it, but my only product code for Infrasture Suite didn't work.  Which brings me to the question of why I pay more for Infrastructure Design Suite, when everybody else is now getting it for the same price as Civil 3D.  My subscription date is early January, and I've been on IDS since it came out a couple of years ago.

Brian

BStewart
Intel Corei7 975 3.33Ghz
24 GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit
Message 4 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: neilyj666

My reseller says it's probably a mistake. You'd only be able to use it as a 30 day trial.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: stewarteng

@Anonymous wrote:

Which brings me to the question of why I pay more for Infrastructure Design Suite, when everybody else is now getting it for the same price as Civil 3D.

Brian

You made a decision back then based on the information you had at the time. We decided to stick with Civil 3D and not upgrade. If I'd know this was going to happen and that our seat of RD would offset the cost. I wouldn't have renewed our Subscription of Raster Design. So technically that money was wasted. But that's the breaks. Like buying a high end TV for big buck and having it go on sale for half that in 6

There was something similar when Civil 3D first came out. I think we upgraded out LDT licenses for about $50. People who didn't take that opportunity ended up paying a lot more later or are stuck using LDT.

Anyone who doesn't opt out will be paying the Subscription upgrade price for Infrastructure Design. Not for Civil 3D. But I'd anticipating the Subscription price of Civil 3D rising to close to that of Infrastructure design. Autodesk obviously thinks that people should now be running suites. So they're finding ways to push people towards that option.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
stewarteng

Oh well, at least there was that brief moment of euphoria when I thought I was getting a free upgrade to Building Design Suite for having been an early adopter.Smiley Happy

BStewart
Intel Corei7 975 3.33Ghz
24 GB Ram
Nvidea GeForce GTX 260
Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit
Message 7 of 12
Cadguru42

@AllenJessup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Which brings me to the question of why I pay more for Infrastructure Design Suite, when everybody else is now getting it for the same price as Civil 3D.

Brian

You made a decision back then based on the information you had at the time. We decided to stick with Civil 3D and not upgrade. If I'd know this was going to happen and that our seat of RD would offset the cost. I wouldn't have renewed our Subscription of Raster Design. So technically that money was wasted. But that's the breaks. Like buying a high end TV for big buck and having it go on sale for half that in 6

There was something similar when Civil 3D first came out. I think we upgraded out LDT licenses for about $50. People who didn't take that opportunity ended up paying a lot more later or are stuck using LDT.

Anyone who doesn't opt out will be paying the Subscription upgrade price for Infrastructure Design. Not for Civil 3D. But I'd anticipating the Subscription price of Civil 3D rising to close to that of Infrastructure design. Autodesk obviously thinks that people should now be running suites. So they're finding ways to push people towards that option.

Allen Jessup

From my understanding the automatic upgrade only increases the C3D subscription cost by 5% to 6% per license. I have never looked into getting a suite before this, but from what I remember the cost was much higher than C3D itself. That could have changed with this, though. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 8 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

From my understanding the automatic upgrade only increases the C3D subscription cost by 5% to 6% per license. I have never looked into getting a suite before this, but from what I remember the cost was much higher than C3D itself. That could have changed with this, though. 

Right now the cost of the 2014 Suite is $520 more that Civil 3D new (Autodesk web pricing). That's about 7% more for the suite. So maybe things have changed.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
n2itive

I was told by our reseller our subscription renewal price will only be about $50 more per seat for the automatic upgrade to IDSP. For us that is roughly a 5% increase. Kind of a no brainer, or so I thought. I'm sure the price will continue to rise year after year though, little by little.

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 10 of 12
AllenJessup
in reply to: n2itive

@nelsons wrote:

I was told by our reseller our subscription renewal price will only be about $50 more per seat for the automatic upgrade to IDSP. For us that is roughly a 5% increase. Kind of a no brainer, or so I thought. I'm sure the price will continue to rise year after year though, little by little.

Yes. I was told $55 (government pricing). Since we have 5 seats of C3D and pay $285 a year for Subscription for 1 Seat of Raster Design and can now drop that. We'll actually save $10 going to the Suite. Yes. Prices will go up. That's inevitable. But when you look at the amount of new software you will get, it's worth it. Even if you only use Raster Design or Revit Structure or any other one piece. It becomes well worth it.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
philip.s

@AllenJessup wrote:

I'm downloading Infrastructure Design Suite. I noticed on the Subscription download page that Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium was also available. Is this going to be part of the available software or did they add that accidentally?

My apologies everyone. This definitely isn't by design and we're working on getting it cleared up ASAP.

Message 12 of 12
AllenJessup

Autodesk has confirmed that this is an error and is working to remove it from the Infrastructure design download page.

[Oh well. Never mind. Philip beat me to it by a couple of seconds] Smiley Very Happy

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report