Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Audit

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
bf
Advocate
827 Views, 6 Replies

Autodesk Audit

Has anyone ever received a call from a Regional Representative of Autodesk saying they need to download and run some program, maybe quickrun or something, to run an audit on Autodesk licensing?  Seems a bit fishy.  He is sending an email, Scott is his name, and wants us to install and run this software. 

Help please.  I am not even opening his email until I get some form of authentication.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: bf

I think they do audits on software but not sure how they go about it.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

Look at the return address. All Autodesk employees have first.last@autodesk.com.

I know a couple of Scotts at Autodesk. A google search will reveal some valid employee names.

You may also want to send that email to Autodesk Subscription or your reseller to see if they can verify the email and perhaps take action if it is not an Autodesk employee.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: jmayo-EE

You may also be able to request they do it in person rather than virtually.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
bf
Advocate

Yea we believe it's ligit. We have stand alone, not server licenses.  So they want us to run on all machines?  Who's going to pay me for that time?  Autodesk should know how many instances of their program we are running since you can't use AutoCad without their online activation.  Seems weird.  We have more seats than people right now.  Anyways, thanks for the responses.  Have a great AutoCad day.

Message 6 of 7
sboon

We went through one of these a few years ago.  It turned out to be a HUGE PITA.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
bf
Advocate

Well I finished the audit and I made it much harder than it needed to be.  I was under the impression you had to clean the registry of all trails of previous versions that had ever been on the machines.  The audit program reads the .pit file and not the registry.  Pretty simple.  Scott at Autodesk was very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report