Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Line Dimension Help

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
davidolf
402 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Line Dimension Help

I am trying to draw a line that is 8 feet long. I start snapped at the end of a line then follow it until it intersects another line and while hovering over that snap I type 8 and hit enter. The line that shows up, however, is a couple of inches long, but still reads as a length of "8". But when I draw a line from the endpoint to where my mouse originally was it is several feet, so I don't know why it's only drawing a short line and mislabeling its length.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
davidolf
in reply to: davidolf

Here's a picture of the problem. The small green line reads as 8, but the distance between the intersecting green line and the bend in the grey line is .5

Message 3 of 6
davidolf

Another interesting thing is that when I hover over a grip and select "lengthen" it won't actually lengthen the line, it will just stay the same.

Message 4 of 6
rkmcswain

Possibilities.....

If that is your UCS icon in the lower left, then you are not in WCS and all bets are off... (Run the UCS command, W for World, enter. If UCSFOLLOW =1, no futher action, but if UCSFOLLOW = 0, run the PLAN command, and press enter twice.)

Check the new green line for different "Z" values (Set OSNAPZ to 1 to avoid this)

Object snap and or 3D Object snap enabled and grabbing something?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

Possibilities.....

If that is your UCS icon in the lower left, then you are not in WCS and all bets are off...

Check the new green line for different "Z" values (Set OSNAPZ to 1 to avoid this)

Object snap and or 3D Object snap enabled and grabbing something?

Beat me to it RK. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 6
davidolf

osnapz was set to 0 and changing it to 1 helped, thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report