Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad keeps resetting after closing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike
1916 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad keeps resetting after closing

Just updated my machine and reinstalled AutoCAD Civil 3D 64.  spent a few minutes setting up everything the way I wanted, Options profile , moved my pallets so they are on the second monitor and such. But when I close AutoCAD and reopen it resets everything my pallets are redocked or turned off, profile resets to generic metric.  Anyone have any ideas?  I know I ran across this before but Its been awhile since I had to set up AutoCAD and this is getting frustrating having to set up everything every time I open the program. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: mike

Try going to workspace (sprocket in lower left) select workspace settings and hit the radial button for automatically save workspace changes. See if that gets you were you need to go.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mike
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks, it was a good idea but it didn't work.  I was able to keep one Palettes on my second monitor the others defaulted back to the one monitor and my options profile still defaulted to C3DMetric.  I even created a new workspace but that didn't work.

Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: mike

Profile determines which Main and Enterprise CUIx are in use.  These in turn determine which workspaces are available.  Both can be set at startup via the shortcut using /p and /w arguments.  First check to see if you are specifying one or both of these by the method you launch Civil3D with.  For example, my OOTB install provides a shortcut with /p <<C3D_Metric>> which means when launched from that shortcut it will try to use the profile C3D_Metric.

Once you are certain the profile being used is the one you want, check the Options > Files settings to determine which Main and Enterprise CUIx files are in use.  These determine the available workspaces.  If the workspace you are trying to use is in the Enterprise changes will NOT be saved.  Ensure you have a Main CUIx set which can be written to - this is where your workspace is to be saved.  My own preference is to have the workspace changes only saved manually - I don't need the computer second guessing when it should save those changes.

Once you have your workspace saving properly, Civil3D will attempt to use that same workspace the next time it is started with that profile.  You may also want to go back to your method of launching Civil3D and add a /w "Workspace name" argument to ensure your specific workspace is selected.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
mike
in reply to: dgorsman

Thanks for the help, I was able to go into my launch icon and change the properties so that at start up the right profile starts.  The CUI works about 85% of the time.  Most of my pallets open where I left them but there are a couple that show up on the one monitor and not on the on the second monitor, were they were last left.  But they are not docket and in the center of the screen so they are easy to dag around.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report