Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Commands not working

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2765 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad Commands not working

Would anyone know why select autocad commands are not working in civil3d
2005?

Some example are: 3dorbit, rectang, table, wipeout, mtext

Thanks
Andrew
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Time for a "repair"?

Bill

"Andrew" wrote in message
news:5021845@discussion.autodesk.com...
2005?

Thanks
Andrew
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Check your DEMANDLOAD setting.

John

"Andrew" wrote in message
news:5021845@discussion.autodesk.com...
2005?

Thanks
Andrew
Message 4 of 6
Terrain_IaPLS

Andrew,
We feel for you, for over a year using 2005, we've had same problem being mostly using Grading Objects in Civ3D. I even had it kick me out doing Parcels just on a strip road project, for better XML use and Tables, etc.
Have not had this happen w/ Align/Profiles (yet), but would guess to say it's been the rule of the road using 2005.
Very frustrating, and we feel for ya. Work load keeps pushing us out to get 2006 up, so hope the wait is worth it.
Try XML out your objects to save them, then delete the Civil3D objects and Import XML in pieces, alignment, then profile, etc for each set of respective object pairs. This has worked for us well on a Civ3D where we then went to Render the project. Given these are now Objects, they just seam to get bed down given the property styles/options avail.
We run on Precision 530's, 1Gig Ram, 1.5mh Zeon, 128mg video w/ dual mon.'s (some CRT's still, some LCD's), so not alot over the recommended for the product, but all-in-all, it's been a growing pain that we "usually" come to enjoy. Have NO idea why this went here ???
Topic was from problem with User having Civil 3D shell out using multiple alignments/profiles. Right person, wrong thread?? Anyway, there one min., gone the next.

Message was edited by: hvymtlfan
Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

Message 5 of 6
rew1309

Thank you very much
DEMANDLOAD setting was 0 and now set to 3. The previous commands that were not working are now working.

Andrew
Message 6 of 6
hboutwell

FYI this applies also to Civil 3D 2006. I just experienced losing most of my Autocad Commands even the ones you type in at the command line. Wasn't sure what it was till I tried setting Demandload to 3 and wow, they're back.

Heidi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report