Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Civl 3D 2013 - Profile issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
584 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad Civl 3D 2013 - Profile issue

In order to taper templates to our clients requirement, I copied Autocad C3D and renamed the program.  I've set up a new profile and changed target for templates. I set the new profile as set current but when I open the program again it defaults to CivilCad profile? In previous versions this was never an issue?

When I installed the orginal Autocad C3D - three programs appeared on my desktop

1. Autocad Civil 3D

2. Autocad Civil 3d - Imperial

3. Autocad Civl 3D - Metric

Could this be the reason???

So

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a new desktop icon and add a "profile switch" which launches C3d using your custom profile.

Sounds like you may have it loaded in options, if not open the default Civil 3D Imperial (assuming you use imperial units) and load profile in options if it doesn't exist. (if not first loaded it creates a bogus one).

Browse to.

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe

Rt. click on acad.exe>create shortcut send to desktop

Rt click install copy of Civil 3d imperial Desktop icon>Shortcut Tab>copy entire contents from the "Target" filed.

Rt. click on new Desktop icon>Shortcut Tab>paste contents.

should look like below (may not be exact as I'm referencing 2012 here)

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\AecBase.dbx" /p "My custom pfl"

Launch C3d and your pfl should be current.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report