Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad civil 3d points to autocad help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BrianAER
412 Views, 2 Replies

autocad civil 3d points to autocad help

i am unable to bring in a survery from AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D to regular AUTOCAD.  the file I am trying to bring is is an ASCE/ ASC/ AECC file.  Cad brings the file in as a a bunch of squares or not as all or as a ton of ramdom points without any information and in the wrong visual mapping(?).

Or is there a product that can merge the two softwares together?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: BrianAER

Install the OBJECT ENABLER For the version your working in and then those squares may display properly on the AutoCad workstation.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/file...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: BrianAER

The squares you are seeing are proxy objects, which are displayed by Autocad and verticals when custom objects are encountered.

For Civil 3d you can export to autocad format, which basically explodes the civil 3d objects down to autocad blocks.

Application menu -> Export -> DWG -> 2013

Make sure the cogo points are unlocked and all the layers are unlocked prior to the export.

Just be aware that any drawing exported in this fashion looses the civil 3d objects, so opening it again in civil 3d will show the cogo points as only blocks.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report