Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Civil 3D is Crashing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rcallison
2105 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad Civil 3D is Crashing

I have installed Civil 3D on a new laptop and after about 1-2 minutes autocad crashes.  I have windows 8.  The computer has an AMD processor with6 Gigs of ram. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: rcallison

windows 8 is not supported

do a search on these forums

this has been disscussed already

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
rcallison

I will,

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup

Message 5 of 5
999-9

I recently purchased a new lap top as well (intel I-7) with 16 ram and 2 video.  I had no problems untill my file sizes increased.  My current working file is now 50m with 4 x-refed files adding another 550m.

My initial problem was Japanese error messages (a sign of installation problems?) and later fatal error messages resulting in failed recoveries.  My current work-around is to save constantly and manually copying the working file often.  Depending on workload it may be as often as ten minutes.  I keep several x-refed layers frozen as well and plot or export via truview.  Autodesk products have always had a problem freeing up memory.  Frequent "total" re-boots always helped with this and still do. 

I have my fingers crossed that soon we will have hot-fixes or service packs to fix this as I have to update this project in 2-4 weeks.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report