Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015(64 bit) WMS problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JonasVanHooreweghe4687
2289 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015(64 bit) WMS problem

I could not add WMS maps to my Civil 3D 2015.

In the 2014 version everything works fine.

When i try to connect, no data is loading.

Anyone some solution?

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

@JonasVanHooreweghe4687 wrote:

I could not add WMS maps to my Civil 3D 2015.

In the 2014 version everything works fine.

When i try to connect, no data is loading.

Anyone some solution?

Look in the Map forum as that's a Map feature, not a Civil 3D feature.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 8

The solution in the MAP section was not working for me.

There is an update for AUTOCAD MAP, but the update wont work for Civil

see this toppic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D-General/AutoCAD-Map-2015-64-bit-WMS-problem/m-p/5009754...

Message 4 of 8

@JonasVanHooreweghe4687 wrote:

The solution in the MAP section was not working for me.

There is an update for AUTOCAD MAP, but the update wont work for Civil

see this toppic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D-General/AutoCAD-Map-2015-64-bit-WMS-problem/m-p/5009754...

Since C3D is built on top of Map, we have to wait until the C3D team finishes their own service pack, then has to add the Map one to it and make sure they work nicely together. Otherwise, the C3D team will just release a SP that fixes C3D problems (and creates new ones if history repeats) and doesn't address the Map issues.

Either way we have to wait a while.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 8
barry_wheeler
in reply to: Cadguru42

I have the same problem when I try to access a WMS. There is no error message and no data appears (no data selection window comes up). I have installed Civil 2015 SP1 and read the readme.docx. It does not list this problem as anything the SP addresses.

Anybody know when this problem will be addressed for Civil or otherwise have a fix?

Message 6 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: Cadguru42

If you are using the IDSP install install the Map3D fixes, and it will correct the issue for C3D. If you just have C3D your out of luck until ADESK fixes the issue with a SP or Hotfix

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
barry_wheeler
in reply to: rl_jackson

I have read about the Map fix but we do not have Map.

Someone suggested installing the trial version of Map but I don't think we want to allocate disk space for something we will not activate. Also, what happens after the 30 day trial???

Thanks for your response.

Message 8 of 8
kostelecky
in reply to: rl_jackson

Hi guys,

I actually don’t know what´s wrong in C3D 2015 with WMS, but yesterday I got a question about it from our customer and found out that I have no problem on my NTB where is C3D and Map 3D installed. So on one test machine I tried to install just C3D with SP1, then tried WMS connection and it didn´t work. So next step was to install Map 3D with SP3 and… how I supposed it works. So I was interested in possibility to uninstall Map 3D 2015 and try the WMS connection.

What do you think, it works or not? Yep, it works. I know that this isn´t the easiest way how to fix the problem, but if we have no SP2 for C3D which fix it and you aren´t a Map and C3D user on the same machine you can try this solution 😉

Good luck

Michal

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report