Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014-Problems with importing Boreholes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emaloney
1127 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014-Problems with importing Boreholes

In AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 under the Geotechnics tab. Whenever I try to import Boreholes I change the bar to import CSV files the import parameters do not change to allow me to import the Location and Strata CSV files. If I do try to import the files anyway a message pops up ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object’. And at the bottom of the Import Data box it says ‘Importing AGS: step 2 of 6….’ It stays like that until I cancel it. I attached an image of my screen when i try this.

How can I import my CSV files for the Boreholes?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: emaloney

I don't have the IDS that has the Geotechics import but have you tryied the civil3d points import to see if that works? I suggect you log an issue on your subcription site, not many folks in here use boreholes that may have the Geotecgic tool(s).

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
deanbowden
in reply to: emaloney

When im trying the import its not recognising any data to import at all! im not even getting onto step 1.

Any suggestions, ive attached my .CSV files for review

Dean Bowden
deanbowden@ymail.com
Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: deanbowden

Dean,

You might have to strip the header out of the CSV file.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
smizsak
in reply to: deanbowden

Dean;

The csv files need to be named HOLE and GEOL... Not Hole and Geol or BoreholeInformation and Boreholestrata.

Thanks

Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report