Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Freezing Randomly/ Only opening certain drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
astockton
1246 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 Freezing Randomly/ Only opening certain drawings

Hello, 

I am running the new auto cad civil 3d 2014, downloaded from the design suite premium. I have left all of the programs installed (as a I saw that a few people chose to uninstall several of the programs). I am running auto cad on an @xi workstation, 4.1ghz processor, 16gb corsair vengence heatspred ram, 240gb ssd operating drive, 2tb storage raid 0 configuration storage drives, NVIDIA K2000 graphics card. It took me a while to configure the graphics settings within auto cad due to the high resolution, text is being portayed as small in some cases, commands are huge in others. I am still adjusting all of those, however my real problem is that when I open certain drawings the program immediatly goes to not responding, and when I am working back and forth and trying to open multiple drawings it does the same. Just opening the program off of my desktop on a cold-start up takes maybe 15 seconds to be fully functional, the same with certain drawings. However others just seem to not want to be opened. This occurs with drawings large and small. Some large drawings open perfectly while some small ones crash, and vice versa. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gary.lovegrove
in reply to: astockton

Is your video card certified by Autodesk for your sytem and version? check here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&linkID=9240617

Message 3 of 3
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: astockton

Hi,

this issue could also be network related.
The quickest test is to unplug your network cable / switch off any WLAN connection and check the performance of your program and drawings.

Karsten Saenger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report