Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD® Civil 3D 2014 Export Drawing tool problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Scuttlebutt95
345 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD® Civil 3D 2014 Export Drawing tool problem

Every time I use this tool to export to a DGN, the resulting DGN is in metric, even though my source DWG is in Imperial.  I get the same result whether I use a seed file or not.  When I don't use a seed file, I am not getting an option to select units like I'm supposed to.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Scuttlebutt95

Just tested it here with 2014 SP1 specifying a Microstation 3d Seed file set to Survey Feet Imperial Units and it works as expected.

Resulting DGN file was in Survey Feet.

What are you specifying for a dgn seed file?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: Scuttlebutt95

@Scuttlebutt95 wrote:
When I don't use a seed file, I am not getting an option to select units like I'm supposed to.  Is anyone else having this problem? 

Which option to select units are you referring to?

As far as I know from looking at the Help for Export an AutoCAD Civil 3D Drawing to a MicroStation DGN File it appears a seed file needs to be specified for the export.

Please see steps 5 & 6, whether or not Microstation is loaded on your system, you must specify a seed file for the export process.

If you're not selecting a seed file, it's using the program default seed file which can be specified within the MapExport.ini file.

The default seed specified within the MapExport.ini file is called lrgseed.dgn and happens to have the Master Units set to Meters.

The MapExport.ini file is installed here: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2014\MapExport.ini 

It can be opened in a text editor, more information found Here in Help (see To change the default seed file).

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report