Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D ®2013 Service Pack. --> Please tell me one is due out soon!!

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
pmascaro
3842 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D ®2013 Service Pack. --> Please tell me one is due out soon!!

Hi All,

I have to say this is the most UNSTABEL, unpredictable & probably the slowest version of Civil 3D in quite some time!!

Please tell me that there is a service pack on the way…

Bugs that came with the first 64bit version of Civil 3D (like when you switch from one drawing to another and the program goes into tile mode in windows so you have to re-maximize it) were re-introduced in this version. Which is a pretty minor inconvenience compare to all of the other daily bugs, random halts and things that stop working right.

Support tells me to run a repair or re-install, but it came like this out of the box.... It needs a service pack, not cookie cutter troubleshooting...

Etc. etc. etc.

-Paul

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
pmascaro
in reply to: pmascaro

Thanks, Wasn't sure what you meant by "commication center in Civil 3d" but I figured it out.

Message 22 of 28
DarrenP

it will be here when autodesk posts it to their website: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240698

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 23 of 28
pmascaro

1st bug to report....

It does not find acad2013.lsp and acad2013doc.lsp in my custom support path even though it is the highest path in my support path. Even when I remove them from their default locations, C3D will not find them in my support path. It just ignores them completely. I had to appload them in. (This will not be fun to support… Manual labor on everyone’s PC to get their computers to load the correct files…)

Message 24 of 28
Jeff_M

You shouldn't be modifying those files in the first place.... acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp are intended for users to create/edit, as these are never touched by installs/updates.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 25 of 28
JamesMaeding

I wonder if that has to do with the feature they added to try to prevent the acad.lsp "virus" people have misunderstood.

My gripe to add is the hotfix 2 does not install silently. I think the install makers need a little checklist, it would go like this:

1) make it easy to do silent installs of every product, for ever and ever, from here on out.

2) do not forget rule No. 1

3) Our first impression of software is the install. At least get that part right by not forgetting rule No 2.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 26 of 28
pmascaro

Yes, I would imagine In some places they are for the "users" to create/edit. In my office they are for me "The Supervisor" to edit. I use them to load custom applications, force variables, etc.

Rather than rely on everyone to overwrite their acad.lsp in all versions of their AutoCAD’s I release updates to C:\_AutoCAD\Config\lisp\

Then, regardless if someone is running C3D, Map 3D, AutoCAD, they all point to that location to pull from the master acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp

If I add a new command for the department, all I have to do is add it to their .net folder and add the line to load it into their acad2013.doc.lsp file. Then it’s there next time the open a drawing….

I definitely do not want them tinkering in there….

I’ll try dropping the 2013 from the file to see if it works…

Message 27 of 28
JamesMaeding

I never heard the acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp were more for users of not.

I know the acad2013.lsp is present in an OOTB install, and I thought was not for customization.

We also use one acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp for each version of acad, and I also have a company key-ins file that works for all versions (2009-2013) and also for bricscad.

The trick is to make your own load function that detects what version and prog you are in, and selects the file to load from an input list.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 28 of 28
pmascaro

Dropping the 2013 seems to have worked.... although I do not see acaddoc.lsp in my appload menu, but the function in there seem to be working....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report