Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Deployment

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Joe-Bouza
423 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Deployment

I have created this deployment sime time ago and wish to modify it by addig SP1, but when I click modify existing deployment nothing happens. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
gccdaemon
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I usually just do the SP install after the fact. Easy-out for me...lol.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Yeah me too. Figured I had the opportunity. I'm scared something more sinister may be at work here though.

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 9
mathewkol

If you have other products you're going to deploy, you should NOT apply the SP.  There is a bug in the deployment where once you've appliued an SP, other software doesn't install and run properly.  This is a known issue and I don't think it's been fixed yet and it would seem that it may not be.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks for the tip Matt!

Would that bug explaing why I cannot modify the deployment?

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain

@mathewkol wrote:

If you have other products you're going to deploy, you should NOT apply the SP.  There is a bug in the deployment where once you've appliued an SP, other software doesn't install and run properly.  This is a known issue and I don't think it's been fixed yet and it would seem that it may not be.

Can you elaborate on that?

Several versions ago, there was a problem where if you installed AutoCAD from a non-patched deployment, then you patched the deployment, then tried to run a repair or reinstall on the original install - from the (now) patched deployment - the repair/reinstall would fail.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 9
jmayo-EE

You are my hero today Matt. Thanks for saving me from a nightmare.

John Mayo, PE, CFM, CME
Message 8 of 9
mathewkol

I was able to modify my deployments so I don't think this bug is related, but who knows.

I'll elaborate on the bug later today when I get access to my case.

Just experience with my own "nightmare" at a customer's site wondering why the software would not install. 🙂
Matt Kolberg
Message 9 of 9
mathewkol

Elaboration:

Here is a blog post which speaks of the issue as it pertains to MEP, but it's not only MEP which has the issue.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/error-ngenexe-and-installing-any-autocad-

product.html

The main idea of this post can be summed up like this:

"The root cause is a failure from ngen.exe taking action on a DLL on AutoCAD 2013 after it has been modified by the AutoCAD 2013 Service Pack 1.1.

To work around the issue, your installation of AutoCAD product must be done with an unpatched version of AutoCAD 2013. If you are installing from a Suite, you must configure AutoCAD 2013 and choose the option to not include any Service Pack(s)."

Basically, I made 3 deployments of various products and attached service packs to them (which included AutoCAD fixes).  The first product installed fine.  Any other product installation that followed, failed.

Once I removed the SPs from all deployments and reinstalled onto a fresh machine, all installs went without a hitch.

Do not attach SPs to your deployments for 2013 products.  Install the SPs after the fact onto each workstation.

Matt Kolberg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report