Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
peterfunkautodesk
4212 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2 has been posted to our internal staging server and should be up on Autodesk.com soon. It was also posted to our server that pushes updates to Communication Center so you may get notification and could download the update via Com Center (this is live for some people now).

Service Pack 2 includes the fixes from the AutoCAD and Map 3D Service Pack 2s and includes Civil 3D 2012 Service Pack 1.

One fix that didn't get highlighted in the Read Me was the defect that linetypes gaps weren't maintained correctly between elements for alignments, survey figures and feature lines. This has been corrected for Service Pack 2.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
sboon
in reply to: blanchm

Will the explanation for this behaviour be added to the read me file for this SP?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 22 of 28

Epic fail for SP2.....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 23 of 28
sboon
in reply to: neilyj666

I don't think that this qualifies as "epic" Neil.  Annoying perhaps but we've both seen worse.

I think that it's more important to note that we actaully got a response from Autodesk, with an explanation of what happened and a workaround that we can live with for now.

Thanks Matt.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 24 of 28
neilyj666
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

I don't think that this qualifies as "epic" Neil.  Annoying perhaps but we've both seen worse.

I think that it's more important to note that we actaully got a response from Autodesk, with an explanation of what happened and a workaround that we can live with for now.

Thanks Matt.

Ok - I'll downgrade to "fail" but breaking the DRIVE command in SP1 WAS an "epic fail"...I don't think I'll bother with SP2 any time soon....

It is my opinion that Service Packs should fix existing issues rather than creating new ones and perhaps Autodesk should be reviewing their Service Pack policy and allowing them to be uninstalled painlessly in the event of the inevitable "issues" arising.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 25 of 28
ctbertschy
in reply to: rskrobot

@rskrobot wrote:

"I am having issues with Hydroflow Storm Sewers, running a file saved in SP1 results in an error dialog box stating that certain lines have no flow and then Hydroflow closes. "

We are having the same issues between boxes with SP1 and SP2 installed.  The models have errors when run with a SP2 box.  Was there any solution to this?

Thanks

Message 26 of 28
rskrobot
in reply to: ctbertschy

I've not found a solution. I've had to redo the projects started with SP1 and work solely in SP2. 

Message 27 of 28
jalneal
in reply to: sboon

They Hydraflow one may actually be a pretty easy fix.  .STM files are in ASCII text, so it's fairly easy to see how the data is being parsed.  If you have a copy saved from SP1, compare it to SP2 (using a program like notepad++ with the compare plugin) and see what the differences in the two versions are.  

It's interesting - it is not closing on our end, but I am getting numerous 0 flow in structures warnings that others in the office are not getting - I'd assume this is because mine is SP2.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Neal, P.E.
Autodesk Infrastructure Suite Premium 2012/2013
Windows 7, x64
Xeon E31225 w/ Quadro 600
Message 28 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: aneal

Just thought I'd add to Aneal's messgae re: SP2 hanging - I had the same issue with the install hanging at gathering required information. After turning on windows installer logging I found the hang up was related to the install looking for the original package source files. Instead of reporting the error it just sat and hung indefinitely. The original install had been run from a network share that no longer exists, thus the problem. Hopefully this might help someone. For more info on using windows installer logging check this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223300

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report