Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
peterfunkautodesk
4204 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 - Service Pack 2 has been posted to our internal staging server and should be up on Autodesk.com soon. It was also posted to our server that pushes updates to Communication Center so you may get notification and could download the update via Com Center (this is live for some people now).

Service Pack 2 includes the fixes from the AutoCAD and Map 3D Service Pack 2s and includes Civil 3D 2012 Service Pack 1.

One fix that didn't get highlighted in the Read Me was the defect that linetypes gaps weren't maintained correctly between elements for alignments, survey figures and feature lines. This has been corrected for Service Pack 2.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

You can download the service pack from this location:

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 SP2

Jason Ensell
Sr. Product Owner - DCP-BID-Infrastructure
Message 3 of 28
wfberry
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Well, I installed this SP.  Nothing crashed and / or burned.

LIfe is good!

Bill

Message 4 of 28

Equally good news here too Bill 🙂
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 28
rl_jackson
in reply to: mathewkol

Well it installed but when I go to edit survey figure properties, I dont have the point strings to add or change the figure. Is this something they took out of 12, as I have been almost exclusively using 11

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 28

Bet they haven't fixed the DRIVE command which they broke in SP1......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 28
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:
Bet they haven't fixed the DRIVE command which they broke in SP1......

Better not bet too much....see my replies to your previous posts reporting this as broken. 🙂

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 28

For RL...

To edit survey figures, right click on the figure in the drawing and use the "Edit Survey Figure Properties" command. This will display a dialog that look the the attached. You can move points up and down in the figure, reverse all or parts of the figure, add points or picks to the figure, etc.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 28

I think I solved the issue. Originally I cretated the SDB in C3D11, when I created a new SDB with 12 all was good.

Do I need to migrated a C3D11 SDB to 12, I thought they were the same?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 10 of 28
aneal
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

How long did it take for people to install?  My scren has been "gathering required information" for about an hour and a half - it was a network install, even after a clean restart, not feeling I'm going to see it get past this screen...

Message 11 of 28
aneal
in reply to: aneal

Just a followup - it looked like there were processes (under msiexec.exe) that started hanging on network I/O.  After deleting them a few times and continuing to rerun it, it suddenly went though and installed successfully in about 5 min., so for any of you that it seems to be hanging, close, end ALL msiexec processes running in your task manager, and rerun a few times.  

Message 12 of 28
mathewkol

About a minute or so for me.  Maybe log in and make sure you're the admin.  Or maybe log in as another user.  Also, try right clicking the EXE file and "Run as administrator" if you're using Windows 7.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 13 of 28
sboon

I have just discovered a new bug which has been introduced after the installation of this SP.  Normally when a drawing with a corridor is exported to plain ACad all of the corridor elements remain as 3d linework. Now what I'm getting is 3d points, links and shapes but all of the featurelines are flattened to zero elevation.

I have confirmed this by exporting the same drawing from two stations, one with and one without the Service Pack.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 14 of 28

We have experienced some problems wtih pipe styles after installing SP2. If we choose a style to not show pipes (data referenced) in plan, save and close the dwg and then reopen, the styles are changed to the original style (or the one set in reference file - not sure which yet). This problem occur on two different computers with SP2 installed and at least two different files. We have also tested the files on a computer with SP2 not installed and they behave like expected (not changing styles). The problem was solved by reinstall C3D 2012 to remove SP2....

/Peter

C3D 2012 SP1 and C3D 2013

Win 7 64

Dell M6400 Intel Core 2 Extreme Q9300

8 gb RAM

Message 15 of 28

This is incredible....why are we paying so much for buggy software?? are there no QA procedures?
I realise that c3d must have millions of lines of code but is it getting too big now to debug effectively?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

Message 16 of 28
neilyj666
in reply to: pyroclast

Any one discovered anymore glitches - as I am using 2013 now I wonder if there is any point installing 2012 SP2??

EESignature

Message 17 of 28
blanchm
in reply to: sboon

Hi Steve,

Could you attach the drawing you used to test this and the resulting drawings from SP1 and SP2? I am not seeing any difference in the results between SP1 and SP2 for the Export to AutoCAD 2010 command.

Thanks,

Matt

Message 18 of 28

I am having issues with Hydroflow Storm Sewers, running a file saved in SP1 results in an error dialog box stating that certain lines have no flow and then Hydroflow closes. This file worked fine before the update and still works fine on other machines with SP1. Saving/exporting the file has no effect. Even starting a new Hydroflow file ran fine once, but then has started crashing since. I've rebooted and tried an installation repair on C3D.

Message 19 of 28
sboon

Corridor 5c from the OOTB Tutorials Directory.  Too large to post here, but the files should be availaible from the links below.

I have just discovered that if I export from an SP2 system in plan view it doesn't work, as shown in the exported file.  If I orbit the drawing to a 3d viewpoint before exporting however it works as it should.

https://dl.mcelhanney.com/2012/07/09_cGvZ/09_Q5BxtL8/Corridor5c.dwg

https://dl.mcelhanney.com/2012/07/09_cGvZ/09_V2NjvB1/ACADCorridor5cSP1.dwg

https://dl.mcelhanney.com/2012/07/09_cGvZ/09_Z1XkjX0/ACADCorridor5cSP2.dwg

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 20 of 28
blanchm
in reply to: sboon

Yes, the current SP2 behavior was originally the expected behavior. Actually, I thought it still was so I had put my drawing into a 3D view before I did my comparison of SP1 to SP2 - worked fine.

In 2009 a "DisableObjExplodeFlattening" registry setting was introduced and set to on by default. Evidently that has been working fine until now. I was hoping the serive pack was just flipping the setting to off but unfortunately it appears that the settings is being ignored.

For now to maintain z values drawings will need to be in a 3D view before exporting to AutoCAD.

Thanks, for the help Steve,

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report