Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Borehole Importer Download

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
jbalaneski
4124 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 Borehole Importer Download

Does anyone know if (and where) you can download a legal version of the 2011 version of the borehole importer.  The Autodesk website has the 2012 version, alas my company is still using 2011.  Is it available for download on the Autodesk website and I'm just missing it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Jeff_M
in reply to: jbalaneski

Install the UKIE Country Kit (found on the C3DDVD, use the installer to add it), the it will be available under the Toolbox->Reports->UK and Ireland Reports

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 15
jbalaneski
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff! Found it! Installed fine...going to give it a try now. 

Cheers!

Message 4 of 15
jbalaneski

Does anyone know the format that the CSV file needs to be in?  I found a PDF online but I don't think it's format is working, I keep getting errors when I try to import the points.

The format in the PDF is as follows:

Borehole Number - X Coord - Y Coord - Start Depth - End Depth - Soil Description

Thanks!

Message 5 of 15
neilyj666

Try this link

http://fromthegroundup.typepad.com/.services/blog/6a01127918d1ef28a4011168a3de70970c/search?filter.q...

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 15
jbalaneski
in reply to: neilyj666

I tried the link you mentioned above.  A lot of good information there, but I'm still getting errors when I try to process my points.

I've attached my CSV file...I was wondering if someone can look at it to see if there are any errors in it.  I have tried a variety of things with it to get it to work.  Things I have tried are as follows:

- Decimals in coordinates and depths

- No decimals in coordinates and depths

- Semicolons instead of commas

- Variations on the amount of commas (and semicolons)

- Data referenced my existing ground to the drawing

- Promoted the data reference  of the EG to the drawing.

- Derive the elevations from the surface

- Don't derive elevations.

- Import all labels

- Import just "Borehole ID" label

There are probably a few other things I've tried...but every single time I get an error in the Event Viewer.  Unfortunately it says nothing more than "File has errors, not processed"

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Message 7 of 15
neilyj666

I just inserted a blank column for Z and it worked

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 15
opesch_

Hello !

I'm realy glad that some Autodesk fans are developing this realy usefull tool even if it's until now only destinated to some regions !

but I'm still struggle with some aspects of the tool behavior :

I get errors if... 

_I let a column header line in the csv

_I use the standard excel CSV output which produce semicolon delimited files with coma separated decimals in our country

_I let some empty soil type lines (with no z values)

_I use accentuated characters
and even after i purge all those little things I'm still getting errors and ie did not get any points for the "limons"(=sand&clay) layer out of the included csv ! maybe you know why ?

there's also an other problem :

Points descriptions are not the borehole ID but the material name...

that's fine to build the point groups.... but now... how should we find out from which borehole comes one over 500 listed points ?
the ID should better come into the point name or as full description, no ?

So

What's realy strange is that I got a point group named "boreholes" which has the bore ID as its descriptions (and has the EG level and is matching its points per their number) + a gravel point group which contains the points with the "gravel" description (and has the good Levels and is stangely matching to a repeating "gravel" property) + other well done groups AND an EMPTY point group (called "limons") even if the points whith the decription "limons" were well imported with the other points and the group is matching the "limons" description (repeatidly) !?!

do you have some hints on how to correct those little odds ?

is it possible to dig a bit into the way the utility import the data to get better results ?

Thanks

Message 9 of 15
opesch_
in reply to: opesch_

here's the csv

Message 10 of 15
neilyj666

Looking at the csv provided you should have the depths in centimetres not metres - not in front  of C3D now  - and the csv must be as the attached link - http://fromthegroundup.typepad.com/from_the_ground_up/2010/12/borehole-sample-data-and-helpfile.html - i.e. clean data with no missing data (e.g. lines 52 - 69 in the csv)

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
opesch_

Thanks a lot !

it works very well now !

unless that I cannot project my boreholes on my profile views =o/

What's strange is that it has work fine on a test file until I tried to project the bore holes on a profile view near a copied borehole set of point 

some explanation :

I copied some border boreholes (here in the test I copied only one !) to extent a bit the underground surfaces where we cannot get boreholes results - in the river - but where we need to show a profile !

it seems to be the originator of the error....

do somebody have a hint on how to extend the surface without creating this error ?

Message 12 of 15
opesch_

F.Y.I. I've found the reason of the problem

the borehole importer plugin will NOT WORK if the alignments (and thus profiles and profile views) are placed into a SITE !!!

I realy doesn't understant why this restriction is there.... I hope that it will disapear in the final version !

It now works perfectly and project to the profile views even if I have :

_multiple SataShortcut surfaces covering totally or partially or not the alignments

_7 crossing Alignments with their 6 ground layer profiles

_5 ground layer surfaces comming from the borehole layer point groups

_15 borehole point sets copied to extend the layer boundaries and bounded to the importer ground layer point groups

BUT

I cannot find a way to reduce the text labels on the profile boreholes and to fill the material sections

The borehole block title and soil types always stay with a height of respectively 5 units and 2.5 units (using the "standard" text style and not the current style or text size) without the possibility to change the printed size or to change the orientation/position of the text !!!

For me those labels should be introduced as text atributes and also we should be able to choose which size and style to use or at least be able to change it in either way. ie I would like to get the boreholes ID rotated to a vertical label

If any body knows how I can change those text size and how to get filled boreholes blocks even afterward ?

All those should be possible if the utility could create the blocks as label components automatically scaling to the viewscale ! I hope that it would be the near future of this realy usefull tool !

An other suggestion should also be to include an option to project only the nearest point when they are lots of overlapping boreholes

Message 13 of 15
neilyj666

Glad you got it sorted....

I think as alignments are by default not created in a site this may be where the problems are occuring.

I did get around the text size problem some time ago but can't remember how - perhaps I set the text in the annotation ribbon before running the borehole importer or just altered the text style.

It is also worth remembering that the tool output is not dynamic so it will need to be run again if anything changes.

This tool should really be expanded and incorporated into the main product either as a subscription pack or as a standard option...!!!!!

EESignature

Message 14 of 15

is the borehole importer available for 32-bit instal of 2012 3D

Message 15 of 15
dgordon

scritchoune, where are you getting this kind of borehole data from? Is a surveyor taking shots as they are drilling? does the drilling machine export this kind of data?
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report