Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009: Procedures and applications

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
380 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009: Procedures and applications

I am looking to buy a book on Civil 3D and I am wondering if anyone has and experience with this book or any of the others from this line (ie. 2008). In its description it says it offers a blend of core civil engineering concepts and Civil 3D instructions. That sounds like something I would be very interested in, but the problem is that there are noreviews on the 2009 edition and the previous editions did not recieve that good of reviews, although many of the complaints were supposedly being adressed with the 2009 edition.

I am hopeing that somebody who has read this book can give me some advice on whether or not it is worth buying. The desription makes it sound like something I would get more out of than "Mastering AutoCAD civil 3D" or "Harnessing AutoCAD Civil 3D", but if it is poorly done than there is really no point in buying it and I will just go with one of those two.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have a copy you can have for free.
Email me at mark dot scacco at eng-eff dot com.

Mark Scacco, PE
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
www.eng-eff.com
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

mastering Auto CAD Civil 3D 2009, is a ok book only in comparison to 2008 (good copy). it is written in the same way and many sections are identical. what would have been a better book was something that just covered what was new in 2009 like a supplemental book for 2009 series. (could also be cheaper then)

the mastering civil 3D book doesn't cover some of the new items added to 2009 (or i have not found them using the index or table of context but they might be referenced in the book in the body of another topic, still reading through)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Believe it or not, we're actually already working on the next version.
Please contact me offline, james.wedding at eng-eff. I'd like to get
more specific feedback to see if we can improve the next version.

Thanks,
James Wedding, P.E.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I'm sorry I wasn't clear in my original response.
I have a copy of the Autodesk Civil 3D Procedures and Applications book that you can have for free.

Regards,
Mark
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hey thanks Mark,

I sent you off an email

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Dear Mark,

I am interested in this book, can you say me how can I do for get this free ebook. I com from Chile.

regards, Daniel
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Did the book ever arrive?

Mark
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

A number of people have asked if I have any additional copies of the Civil 3D 2009: Procedures and Applications book.
I only had the one copy and I gave it away 1.5 years ago.

Regards,
Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report