Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 32Bit Install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Rainman1
4356 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 32Bit Install

Our Traffic Department has some software that they run on a 32bit Windows XP system. The software is no longer supported and cannot be traneferred to a new 64bit system. They would like AutoCAD 2014 on the same system. Is there a way to install AutoCAD 2014 (network) on the 32bit system? I gave it a try with the jump drive that the software is on but nowhere during the initial install does it ask for 64bit or 32bit?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: Rainman1

The installer should automatically detect what OS is in use, provided the installer actually still supports x32.  In other words, if its x32 Win7 then it won't give you the option to install x64 AutoCAD.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
Rainman1
in reply to: dgorsman

See attachment. When trying to run the install I get this error message so the software does not recognize the OS. It is a 32bit XP system.

Message 4 of 7
dgorsman

Are you trying to install Civil3D, or AutoCAD?  The system requirements for Civil3D 2014 do not list x32 (or even XP) while AutoCAD 2014 does; as I noted above, not all installers have that capability.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 7
Rainman1
in reply to: dgorsman

What I had to do was download AutoCAD 2014 (32bit) from Subscription Center and then create a 32bit deployment on the server. The install worked fine.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Message 7 of 7
Rainman1
in reply to: Anonymous

whats with the blank post????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report