Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 selection issue

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Kmaysn
7021 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 selection issue

Hi all,

Today I started having a very peculiar selection issue with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013. Normally when I select a object in Autocad, it will display the layer, colour, linetype, etc in there respective palette's (I do not use ribbons, refer to attachment to view), but today for some reason didn't. Also, I will usually select a bunch of objects, start a command and it will use the pre-selected objects in that command, but today when I pre-select and start a command it will ask me to select objects. The final part of my conundrum is when I try to delete an object using delete on my keyboard it does not work.

Any tips would be appreciated, thanks for you help.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
mathewkol
in reply to: Kmaysn

Look into the PICKFIRST system variable.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 11
Kmaysn

This was the cause of my problems, not to sure how I switched the variable as I was not aware of such a command. Thanks very much for the prompt reply, Work has been almost unbearable for the last 3 hrs.

Cheers again,

Happy drafter.

Message 4 of 11
mathewkol

Feel free to mark this as resolved for future users to benefit from.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 11
Mpendlebury

might have just gotten unlucky in a crash and a command that changes it to 0 during the command did not change it back agian. Or one of the new commands isnt quite right and it doesnt change it back after finishing the command... 

as it happened to me today i dont think its something you accidentlaly changed ... i was doing alot of hatching .. i think the culprit its there. ... somewhere

Message 6 of 11
Kmaysn

I think you are on to something Mpendlebury, mine started acting up after a hatch pattern was giving me grief.

Message 7 of 11

Thanx Matt for your reply , i'll try it . But my questioning is about how such system variable may be changed by itself.. i mean i was in the middle of my work and then this selection problem happened suddenly.. could you tell what may be the reason of this?!

Message 8 of 11

Eng.Amr.Abdallah wrote:
what may be the reason of this?!

You were answered in the first part of Mpendlebury's post, sir.

Message 9 of 11
jesmith2

I changed pickfirst to 1, but I still have issues with certain commands such as move and copy when I select the object before I type the command.  The buttons work fine, but it's a lot slower to click the button every time.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Message 10 of 11
Eng.Amr.Abdallah
in reply to: jesmith2

Sir, try to perform desk cleanup operation then make sure that your computer is protected by making full scan.

Message 11 of 11
rwydesk500
in reply to: jesmith2

I'm running AutoCAD Electrical 2014 (installed via Product Design Suite) and I'm currently experiencing the same issue. Very frustrating!

I've been bouncing back and forth from AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 and Electrical 2014, and using Raster Design.

I've read many forums about this issue and many are dated 2010. Thankfully (depending on how you look at it), others are having the same problem - even a couple of months ago.

Pickadd set to 1

Pickfirst set to 1

QAFLAGS set to 0

Options 'Noun/verb' box selected

Is there anyone out there with a resolution to this persistent problem?

or ...is reinstall inevitable?

Regards,

Rick Yoerger

AutoCAD Electrical 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report