Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 Windows 8 64 bit Crashing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
domagojh
2338 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 Windows 8 64 bit Crashing

Hi,

I have windows 8 on new asus laptop N56VZ. Installed civil 3d 2013 with no problems (i see some people have problems with installing) but it doesnt work normal. It crashes every time i try to edit an alignment, old or new.

I had windows 8 beta on an older asus laptop and civil 3d work there normally. Then I upgraded it to win 8 and it started crashing like described.

Today i bought that new asus n56vz with windows 8 and it is crashing. Are there any solutions for this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: domagojh

The solution is to install Win 7.  Win 8 is not a supported operating system.  That said, maybe there are others here who have some ideas and workarounds.  Hopefully for you and others who have installed Win 8 there are ideas out there.  

Win 8 was released well after C3D so I would not expect it to work properly.  i can hope it doesn, but I certainly wouldn't expect it.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
rsBria
in reply to: domagojh

Plagued by this problem as well. Got a new laptop. It came with windows 8 installed.  Trying to avoid purchasing and loading Windows 7 (though I love W7 and would have preferred the pc come with it loaded).  Is anyone having any luck with W8, and did you make any adjustments to achieve stability?  Thanks for any input.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report