Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Regen on Open

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jwebb88
1521 Views, 6 Replies

Auto Regen on Open

Hi guys,

Having a small issue with Civil 3D 2013 recently ( I think). THe las tmonth or so, it's been automatically running regen when I open a drawing. No problems there, where the problem comes in is if I open an exported drawing (from this computer) or a drawing from someone elses computer any polylines in the drawing vanish.

I can just run an undo to get the polylines back, but any time I paste something into the drawing all my polylines vanish again. So my fix at the moment is to undo the regen, and then copy and paste my drawing into a new drawing.

Is this just something corrupted I need to do a reinstall to fix, or is there something I might be missing?

EDIT: Also thought I should point put that I'm using an Nvidia Quadro 600 video card running the latest drivers. I have not installed any patches or hotfixes for Civil 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: jwebb88

It sounds corrupted alright, but not your installation.  It sounds like a drawing problem to me.  Use the RECOVER command.to open the file and see if that fixes anything.

I suppose it's possible that it's a display problem.   You could try the latest driver or even revert to an older one.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
ccl_cad_manager

Ran into this issue with a drawing yesterday.  The polylines from an exported surface mostly dissapeared after a regen.  I first tried an audit and purge, but the issue didn't go away.  I was able to find a couple of contours that did not dissapear, then used Select Similar.  The command did pick up the "missing" polylines which I then pasted them into a new drawing.  The new drawing was much better behaved.

MikeC

Civil 3D 2015, Win 7 64bit, 16 GB RAM, Dell M4600
''That's the way we've always done it'' is an excuse, not a reason.
Message 4 of 7
AllenJessup

Have you tried a Select Similar or QSelect to see if the Plines are still there but just not visible? Regen? You could also try PLAN and set to world. I've seen where being just a little of a normal plan view will make some things invisible.

I'd definitely install all the appropriate SPs and Hot Fixes.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
jwebb88

I've just run recovery on a drawing that this happens on, and it finds and fixes one error. I've run audit, and fixed errors found, and it still disappears.

I've tried QSELECTing all my polylines, but it only selects the few polylines that remain. 

Looks like I might have to install those SP and hotfixes ASAP

Message 6 of 7
jwebb88

Looks like the newest hotfix has fixed it (for now at least). Thanks to everyone offering up suggestions.

EDIT: Looks like it's still not fixed. Might try a reinstall tomorrow and see if it works better.

Message 7 of 7
AllenJessup

To confirm if the polylines are being erased or if something else is happening. You could use OOPS instead of Undo. If the polylines come back they were erased. If they don't come back with an Ooops then something else is happening.

Are you loading any 3rd party programs or lisp at startup? There may be a connection.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report