Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Linework Draws some, not others

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mikerobe100
314 Views, 4 Replies

Auto Linework Draws some, not others

I located a sidewalk next to a curb line. i coded them the same way. when i import the points my sidewalk auto draws but my curb line does not. i have another curb line that I didn't even code for autolinework and it draws. the curb I want drawn is BC the other curb that autodraws is coded BC1. any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rl_jackson
in reply to: mikerobe100

If your using BC and the linework code set has the linework code for a begin curve as BC that's is you problem, change the linework codeset to PC & PT for the begin and end curve, and all should work. OOTB these codes are set as BC & EC, so if you description macthes these, that is the problem.

Edited to add image

Linework_Code_Set.png

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mikerobe100
in reply to: rl_jackson

I'm using BL for begin, EL for end and OC for on curve. Here is a screen shot.

Message 4 of 5
mikerobe100

You were correct. I had BC for begin curve. I changed it to PC and now it works. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
rl_jackson

Yes, but when you use the BL you should be using the linework code for your begin curve instead, since you using OC you telling it to start a curve, where BL is but BL is being used to start a Line not a curve, see the edit to my previous message. There will be issues with using BC as back of curb, and BC as begin curve

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report