Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto-hatch survey figures

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
balloonsrise
875 Views, 3 Replies

auto-hatch survey figures

Is there a way to have certain figures auto-hatch upon import?

Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7 64-bit
Inteel 2.40 GHz 8 GB RAM
Dell T7600
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can set up the figure prefix database so that figures with certain names will be defined as lot lines.   When importing into the drawing, lot lines that form closed areas will define parcels. 

Set the default parcel style to have the parcel area fill component visible.   You may also need to clear the Observe fill distance option on the Parcel Style Design tab.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 3 of 4

That's good. But it would be better if it could apply a fill style based on the particular figure style or apply a particular parcel style to a point code from the figure prefix database.

EG. different fills for ponds, buildings, vegetation, swamp etc.

A wish list item I suppose? 12D can do it.

Cheers

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

How do you set a default parcel style when choosing a Site in the Figure Prefix Database?

By default the figure prefix database lot always goes to "Survey Site"

I want to hatch a concrete slab in ACAD and made a parcel style and Site called "CSLAB".

When I process the line work the "Standard" Parcel style is chosen rather the "CSLAB" parcel style (even though I choose CSLAB site in the figure prefix database also ).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report