AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Reply
*Evinger, Mark
Message 1 of 7 (87 Views)

Authorization for C3d??

87 Views, 6 Replies
12-08-2003 08:39 AM
Is there some sort of magic to have LDT2004 authorize correctly so that C3D
will run? I've installed the LDT2004 Civil Series using the supplied
subscription serial number. The install routine never asked for the CD key,
just the serial number. It runs, but did not ask for authorization codes
like the help says it would. That was expected from the subscription serial
numbers, works just like LDT3. But after installing C3D, the C3D software
claims that LDT2004 is not authorized and it quits out.

Anyone?

Mark Evinger
*discussion.autodesk.com
Message 2 of 7 (87 Views)

Re: Authorization for C3d??

12-08-2003 02:40 PM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
When you open a drawing in LDT2004 you need to run a civil command like
define pipe. It will then ask for your Civil Design authorization code.


"Mark Evinger" wrote in
message news:39FE7289A43CE5F7C0E60B5EB2C656AF@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Is there some sort of magic to have LDT2004 authorize correctly so that
C3D
> will run? I've installed the LDT2004 Civil Series using the supplied
> subscription serial number. The install routine never asked for the CD
key,
> just the serial number. It runs, but did not ask for authorization codes
> like the help says it would. That was expected from the subscription
serial
> numbers, works just like LDT3. But after installing C3D, the C3D software
> claims that LDT2004 is not authorized and it quits out.
>
> Anyone?
>
> Mark Evinger
>
>
*Wedding, James
Message 3 of 7 (87 Views)

Re: Authorization for C3d??

12-08-2003 10:24 PM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
There are two different versions of C3D based on Civil Series vs. Land+Civil
Design. I'm not sure which is which off hand, but you have to make sure you
installed the correct one.

Good luck! It was nice seeing you again, Mark. Hope you'll turn up in here
more!

--
James Wedding, P.E.
IT Manager
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/1 on P4-1.6/512
LDT2004+C3D
*Evinger, Mark
Message 4 of 7 (87 Views)

Re:

12-08-2003 11:29 PM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
Thanks for the reply, using Civil Design commands did not force an
authorization. Created a surface, alignment, cut a profile and cross
sections and plotted it all in a dwg. Created some pipe runs and plotted
them too. Nothing about authorization.

Mark Evinger

"discussion.autodesk.com" wrote in message
news:CD7D6A6E9314ACE499241C6B0D91AF29@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> When you open a drawing in LDT2004 you need to run a civil command like
> define pipe. It will then ask for your Civil Design authorization code.
>
>
*Evinger, Mark
Message 5 of 7 (87 Views)

Re:

12-08-2003 11:31 PM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
Hey James, we are definitely using the Civil Series install and C3D
installs.... I'll try one of the other C3D discs we have received.

I'll be in this newsgroup more and more this year - We've got to build on
the momentum gained at AU this year.

Mark Evinger

"James Wedding" wrote in message
news:62DF553B029CE6B2B244C53C1B992EE4@in.WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> There are two different versions of C3D based on Civil Series vs.
Land+Civil
> Design. I'm not sure which is which off hand, but you have to make sure
you
> installed the correct one.
>
> Good luck! It was nice seeing you again, Mark. Hope you'll turn up in here
> more!
>
> --
> James Wedding, P.E.
> IT Manager
> Jones & Boyd, Inc.
> Dallas, TX
> XP/1 on P4-1.6/512
> LDT2004+C3D
>
>
*Evinger, Mark
Message 6 of 7 (87 Views)

Re: Authorization for C3d??

12-11-2003 04:36 AM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
OK, on further inspection I had installed a Civil Series LDT but we have
only received C3D for LDT+Civil Design. Subscription seems to have
"misplaced" the Civil Series C3D install for us. Our dealer is helping out
with a new install disc, in the meantime I used the preveiw install handed
out at AU to get up and running.

Mark Evinger
*Wedding, James
Message 7 of 7 (87 Views)

Re:

12-11-2003 06:15 AM in reply to: *Evinger, Mark
*snark*

Glad to see you got it up and running. You should get back on the beta side
of life....

--
James Wedding, P.E.
IT Manager
Jones & Boyd, Inc.
Dallas, TX
XP/1 on P4-1.6/512
LDT2004+C3D
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.