Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU2012 and Civil 3D Discussion People

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
BrianHailey
379 Views, 16 Replies

AU2012 and Civil 3D Discussion People

So, who all is going to AU2012? If you are, let us know so we can keep an eye out for you. Also, if you have downloaded the AU app, let us know that as well so we can all interact with each other. I have the app running so feel free to add me as a colleague.

See you in Vegas!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Jeff_M
in reply to: BrianHailey

I will be there, but with my 4+ year old Blackberry I will be App-Free. You know hwere to find me during Exhibit Hall hours. 🙂

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 17
Joe-Bouza

have a great time guys! I wish I were going 😞 .. next year 🙂

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 17
ralstogj

I am going for the first time 17 hrs in the plane 2country's later i will be there a lot of time to practice my class

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 17
sboon
in reply to: ralstogj

I will be there and teaching for the first time.  I plan to reference some of the solutions posted on this board for more detailed examples of the material I will be teaching.

Jeff - there is a direct web link to the AU app available for people who don't have iPhone or Android hardware.  I've already bookmarked it on my Blackberry.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 17
jakoerner
in reply to: sboon

I'll be there...look for us in the exhibit hall 🙂

J. Adam Koerner
Principal/Founder
Civil Power Tools LLC
http://www.civil3dpowertools.com
Message 7 of 17
wfberry

Hey Brian:

First time to miss since it was at the MGM.  Perhaps next year.

Bill

Message 8 of 17
Jeff_M

Thanks for that link, Steve. (Although the link itself gives an error, I copied the actual text and that worked.)

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 17
klugb

Brian,

I will be there as well. Soooo excited, second time hopefully I won't be as lost this year Smiley Surprised

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 10 of 17
BrianHailey
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

Hey Brian:

First time to miss since it was at the MGM.  Perhaps next year.

Bill

It just won't be the same without you Bill! Perhaps next year. I'll make sure to drink a beer for you. Smiley Wink

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 11 of 17
BrianHailey

@sboon wrote:

I will be there and teaching for the first time.  I plan to reference some of the solutions posted on this board for more detailed examples of the material I will be teaching.

What class are you teaching? Make sure you go to the speaker social on Monday night. It's a great way to meet other speakers and just relax prior to the hectic days of AU. I'll probably stop in for a bit but then I'm heading to the Blogger Social.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 12 of 17
BrianHailey
in reply to: ralstogj

@ralstogj wrote:

I am going for the first time 17 hrs in the plane 2country's later i will be there a lot of time to practice my class

If you can, download the AU app. It looks like a great way to stay connected with other folks you might meet.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 13 of 17
sboon

CI2160 - Intersections from the Inside Out: A Different Workflow for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Steve Boon, McElhanney Consulting

The design of roadways is typically based on the development of an alignment, then a profile, and finally a typical section. Many users who design intersections, ramps, or widenings run into difficulties because the process in AutoCAD Civil 3D software assumes that the road edge profile is designed independently of the two centerlines. In this class, you will learn a technique that allows the use of the classic alignment–profile–section process to design a widening, a ramp, or the turning lanes of an intersection. This technique can be used for all types of corridors where the pavement edge elevations are to be controlled by a specified crossfall from another profile or surface.

Additional Information

Primary Track:
Civil Infrastructure
Products:
AutoCAD Civil 3D
PowerTrack:
Audience Occupation/Profession:
Civil Engineering Management, Civil Engineer, Civil Engineering Technician
Audience Industry Segment:
Civil Infrastructure
Key Learning Objective 1:
Use crossfall and superelevation parameters in the design of curb returns
Key Learning Objective 2:
Build assemblies that allow the user to match a lane widening to an existing surface and crossfall
Key Learning Objective 3:
Build assemblies for the design of ramps that transition from another lane edge through a gore to an independent lane
Key Learning Objective 4:
Put all of the pieces together in a corridor model
Professional Credit:
None
Class Type:
Lecture
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 14 of 17
mathewkol

I'll be there from Sunday to Friday.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 15 of 17
troma

I'm just looking forward to hanging around on the discussion forums and benefiting from all the words of wisdom from you all after you finish!  (That's as close as I ever expect to get to AU)

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 16 of 17
BrianHailey
in reply to: troma

Regarding AU, you'll learn a lot more by following people on twitter. I know, twitter sounds lame and for most things, I think it is but I use it primarily to learn more about Civil 3D. There are a lot of people out there that discuss C3D on twitter and, as an added benefit, you might see a picture or two with food in it.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 17 of 17
troma

Never used Twitter.  Or Facebook for that matter.  This is the only place I meet strangers online Smiley Wink

So I'll just keep asking question here when I have a problem, and lurking around others' problems to see what solutions pop up, or even see what I can add.  And reading a few blogs too.  Is there an RSS feed for yours Brian?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report