Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atypical Sections

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
115 Views, 1 Reply

Atypical Sections

Often we are tasked with creating sections for utility vaults, ducts, etc. I've considered drawing a cross section of one of these structures, extruding the wire frame and then aligning the object to know elevation data. I can't think of how to attach this to an alignment to sample the surface and create these sections. These sections should also reference utility conflicts, i.e., other pipe alignments. Are atypical sections possible?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have "Standard" shapes, you can use AutoCAD to create the shape, and then create a Subassembly from the linework. There is a command in the menu Corridor -> Create Subassembly from Polyline which should be used to create subassemblies from AutoCAD entities. Using the Corridor model, you can the attach this Subassembly to an Alignment and extrude it along the alignment. Daniel Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "acash" wrote in message news:14938762.1103215395504.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Often we are tasked with creating sections for utility vaults, ducts, etc. I've considered drawing a cross section of one of these structures, extruding the wire frame and then aligning the object to know elevation data. I can't think of how to attach this to an alignment to sample the surface and create these sections. These sections should also reference utility conflicts, i.e., other pipe alignments. Are atypical sections possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report