Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching photos to label styles

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bill.s
536 Views, 4 Replies

Attaching photos to label styles

I would like to be able to either attach or reference an image from a point label style and I would like it to display with either a mouse over or a mouse click. As an example, I would like to attach a photo or photos of a headwall to the point style or point label style of the survey point or civil point that the surveyor shot on the headwall.
Am I asking too much of C3D 2011-2015?
Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: bill.s

I cannot see any way to do it within Civil3d specifically, but the base ACad software allows you to attach a hyperlink to any object in a drawing.  As a test I've attached an image file on my desktop to a cogo point in a drawing.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: sboon

I confirm, the command is _HYPERLINK whilst to show the image, you have to CTRL-click on the object.

For instance, check the attachment out: that's my home country (with OD) and one of our main symbols embedded in the red point.

Message 4 of 5

If you have multiple photos you could use the "Reference documents" field (also in the Extended Data tab).

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
bill.s
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Thank you boys for your time and suggestions. I was hoping to find a way to code one of the components with the location of a photo and have it display by selecting the label style. I have been using the hyperlink but I thought hooking a label style to a photo might be more efficient.
Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report