Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associatin​g Drawing to Project Error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
craigswearingen
463 Views, 4 Replies

Associatin​g Drawing to Project Error

I have created a new data shortcut project folder, i have the data shortcut set to the drive & the correct project, yet i cannot associate the drawing to the project.  Even when I do attempt to set it to the correct project, it will not register.  I have tried the "associate current dwg to project", as well as the "associate multiple dwgs to project", yet it will not recognize it at the top of the screen.  Anyone else having that issue and have you found a resolution? Thank you

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
64-Bit Intel Xeon W-2125 @ 4.00GHz
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: craigswearingen

Right click on Data Shortcuts>Set Data Shortcuts Project Folder>

Is 5330 specified?

Also what is the full path of drawing 5330_441.dwg and under what folder is _shortcuts folder?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
craigswearingen
in reply to: Jay_B

U:\5330\ProjDevelopment\Design\Drawings

It seems to only be this project.  Because it recognizes the project, data shortcut, and project association with other jobs on the same server, in the same directory.

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 4 of 5

Noticed that the design team had began another project inside the project, therefore my project association wasnt recognized due to the pathing and i had to dig a bit deeper into the project folder to find a recognizable association.  Thank you.

"There's always room."

Windows 10 Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018.3
Message 5 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: craigswearingen

No problem, glad you figured it out, it was my suspicion it had to do with mapping but it's very difficult to follow when the setup can't be seen. Smiley Wink

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report