Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning different scale for profiles

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
wbrustle
2869 Views, 5 Replies

assigning different scale for profiles

If I have a drawing scale set up as 1"=30' and I created some profiles at that scale, and then I need to create a profile at 1"=40' horiz and 1"=4' vert., what is the best way to do that? I believe in the past I tried changing the drawing scale under settings to 1"=40' one time and all of the profiles in the drawing changed to that same scale even though they were drawn at 1"=30', which I want to stay that way. I think I can leave the drawing settings to 1"=30 and then just assign the scale in the viewport to 1"=40', but then all of the text sizes in the profile view style will adjust according to the scale I use, which will either increase or decrease according to the scale I pick. I would like to keep the profile view style consistentno matter what scle I pick...thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dgordon
in reply to: wbrustle

what changes to the profile are unacceptable at the new scale? Identify them. create a new 30 scale or 40 scale style and adjust the settings until the profile looks the way you want it. Quit expecting the program to automatically fix the profile as you change viewport scales. Wanting what you want C3D to do will just give you head aches and frustration. Realizing what C3D can do and implementing it will bring about a solution and we can move forward.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 6
gknobbe

The scales of your profiles are controlled by your profile style. So it you want to have a profile 1"=40' you would have to have The profile style set to 1"=40'

Message 4 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: gknobbe

So I never have to adjust the drawing setting scale? It can remain at 1"=30' If  the profile is at the correct scale in model space all I have to just adjust it in the vewport at approp scale and then maybe make a new profile view style to accomoddate to the new scales?

Message 5 of 6
dgordon

if you draw any vanilla autocad objects on top of a profile view, you would need to be at the correct drawing scale in order to place the autocad objects at the correct location. This can be done however from paper space through floating model space. It is not necessary to change the drawing scale in model, but it's easy to do and can be very beneficial. If you're not using any vanilla autocad on top of the profile view then the drawing scale in model space doesn't matter.
Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 6 of 6
wbrustle
in reply to: dgordon

ok thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report