Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign subassemblies to plan view & DTM

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sgarmong
192 Views, 1 Reply

Assign subassemblies to plan view & DTM

Is there any way to add subassemblies directly to a plan view/DTM surface? We are working on plans for relocation of a short section of Township Road (with removal of the old road, adding a turning lane to the State Road it intersects with, and adding an entrance to a new development). I currently have a surface of the proposed improvements, with featurelines at all the grade breaks defining the road slopes, superelevation, etc. I'm going to need to cut cross sections of this and think I can do it OK by creating assemblies and corridors and targeting the featurelines. But what I would like to be able to do is pick a subassembly (say a defined pavement section), then pick the area on the plan view where it should be applied and have the slopes/gradebreaks picked up from the DTM surface (sort of like hatching the paved areas, only in 3D), then pick a subassembly for the improved shoulder and apply it to appropriate area, etc. So that I end up with a true model of the improvements. Then just create sample lines where I want cross sections and have it cut them. This would save me a lot of work defining assemblies for the intersections, places that don't daylight to existing ground (due to the removal of the old road), places where the shoulder sometimes has a grade break and sometimes doesn't due to superelev, etc.
I assume Civil 3D just doesn't allow this to be done, but thought I would check here first to be sure.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: sgarmong

Subassemblies can only be attached to corridors. You can do everything you
say with a corridor (assuming I'm hearing your scenario correctly).

--
Matt Kolberg
Global CADD Systems - A division of Cansel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report