Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Transitions.................

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
442 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly Transitions.................

This was so freaking easy in Eagle Point bus sure enough, it's either buried in C3D or you cannot do it.  I have two retaining wall assemblies running along my alignemnt.  I just used generic links to show the face of the wall, the swale at the top of the wall, and the daylight from the swale to the existing ground.  Anyways, I have to different assemblies and I have an area of about 42' between them that I want transistioned.  This needs to show up in the cross sections as well, not just the corridor.  I cannot find anywahre in C3D to do this.

Help please!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

A picture of what you are describing would go a long way in helping us visualize what you need.

Many generic links can be set to target horizontal and/or vertical objects. This is one way to get a transition as you've described.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

How would links work if I am out of range in my regions.  I understand how links work but one region contains an assembly which runs from station 3+00 to 3+38.  Another region contains a different assembly that runs from 3+60 to 6+25.  I just need to run a straight transition from 3+38 to 3+60.

Message 4 of 7
Neilw_05

I think you'll need to design an assembly using links that can target a point or feature. Then draw the transition lines in plan and use those as targets for the links.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

Yeah I am looking into that.  I am going to try a couple things right now.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I created another assembly like you noted and it seems to be doing alright.  However, while my curb tapers, the wall behind actually cuts straight back and then matches back up with the curb as to make a landing area behind the curb.  I have target lines back there for my sub assemblies to target.  This is all working fine and dandy for my sections, as for the corridor surface, not so much.  Where my wall target lines basically go 90 degrees back from the curb to vreate this landing, the contours are not recognizing the corridor in this area.  When I turn on the triangles for my corridor surface, they are jumping accross those target lines the the corridor uses.  Why do my sections look okay but not the contours?  Everywhere where the target lines pretty much parallel my alignment and curb and gutter, the contours work well but in this one spot where the target lines run perpendicular, back away from my curb and gutter, the contours jump the corridor lines.

On a side note, the "perpindicular" lines are actually at about 89.5 degrees incase the software didn't like perpindicualr lines but that didn;t help at all.

In the .pdf, the red lines are my target lines

My asseembly is made up of "generic linkwidthandslope" sub-assemblies that target these lines.

Michael

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Neilw_05

I think I figured out my issue.  When I go into the corridor properties and go to the surface tab, when you create the surface you have to tell C3D what to create it from, links or feature lines.  I am using links but the boxes were left unchecked for the "Add As Breakline" column.  I checked them all and now it looks real nice.

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report