Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Toolbox and Tutorial

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ekubaskie
370 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly Toolbox and Tutorial

I've been going through the corridor tutorials, and they all say that a properties box comes up when you click an object in the toolbox, before you click the attachment point for the object.

This is not happening for me. To get the properties dialog, I have to right-click and select properties. Then I left-click the icon to actually place an object - and it jumps straight to the "select attachment point" prompt.

Am I missing a setting or are the tutorials just borked?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: ekubaskie

Hi, I get the properties dialog box as soon as I select a sub assembly from the tool palette. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "ekubaskie" wrote in message news:27473695.1102019267780.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I've been going through the corridor tutorials, and they all say that a > properties box comes up when you click an object in the toolbox, before > you click the attachment point for the object. > > This is not happening for me. To get the properties dialog, I have to > right-click and select properties. Then I left-click the icon to actually > place an object - and it jumps straight to the "select attachment point" > prompt. > > Am I missing a setting or are the tutorials just borked?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have the same problem, if I pick a subassembly it just asks for the connection point. So all my objects are automatically right "justified" and I have to edit them after :-/. "ekubaskie" wrote in message news:27473695.1102019267780.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I've been going through the corridor tutorials, and they all say that a properties box comes up when you click an object in the toolbox, before you click the attachment point for the object. > > This is not happening for me. To get the properties dialog, I have to right-click and select properties. Then I left-click the icon to actually place an object - and it jumps straight to the "select attachment point" prompt. > > Am I missing a setting or are the tutorials just borked?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,
As a workaround, you might be able to run the Properties command transparently after selecting the subassembly. At the "Select marker point..." prompt enter 'properties--and that should bring up the correct dialog box where you can make changes.

Another thing that might help is to check the Auto-hide setting on the Properties dialog box. If that is selected, the dialog box might not be visible when you insert the subassembly.

-Karla Leighton, Autodesk technical publications
Message 5 of 7
ekubaskie

I tried that - and as expected - nada, because we are referring to the sub-assembly properties dialog box, not the main AutoCAD object properties dialog box (or any of the dozens of other properties dialog boxes associated with C3D).

The tutorial says to click on the tool and the dialog will pop up, allowing you to change settings, and when you close the dialog it will then prompt for the marker point. Some of us are getting the dialog, and others aren't - it just goes straight to the prompt
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Hi, Actually, it is referring to the main AutoCAD object properties dialog box and not the sub-assembly properties dialog box. Also, you don't need to close the properties dialog box before placing the sub-assembly into the assembly. Hope this helps, -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "ekubaskie" wrote in message news:13842220.1102098492541.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I tried that - and as expected - nada, because we are referring to the >sub-assembly properties dialog box, not the main AutoCAD object properties >dialog box (or any of the dozens of other properties dialog boxes >associated with C3D). > > The tutorial says to click on the tool and the dialog will pop up, > allowing you to change settings, and when you close the dialog it will > then prompt for the marker point. Some of us are getting the dialog, and > others aren't - it just goes straight to the prompt
Message 7 of 7
ekubaskie

OK, my bad. I tried again with a larger properties window and there they were - but now I'm curious as to why there would be a separate sub-assembly properties dialog avaialble from the right-click menu.

Is there a significant difference in behaviour between the two?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report