Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly problem-match exist. cross slope

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jtshumpert
694 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly problem-match exist. cross slope

I am adding on to an existing roadway. I want to match my exist.cross slope of the road way which will vary.

When I select to use the parameter reference LinkoffsetandSlope I get a slope, but it is in the wrong direction.

The linkoffsetandslope is getting the grade from the existing CL of roadway and the existing edge of pavement.

Any ideas??

JTS
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: jtshumpert

Using the Generic Links I get the same results as you. However, if I change the link to use the LaneSuperElevationAOR subassembly with the structural depths set to 0.0001 so it still looks like a simple link, then the slope behaves as expected.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
fcernst

You and Jeff are confirming another software Defect that the Civl 3D Beta Testing program missed.

Please submit this as a Defect to the Civil 3D team to make the software more robust for engineering applications and better for all, so others don't get hung up on this as well.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 5
sboon
in reply to: Jeff_M

I've tested and confimed this behaviour also.  It appears that when LinkOffsetAndSlope is used with a positive offset value the output value for the LinkSlope parameter is correct.  When the same sub is used with a negative offset the sign of the output parameter is reversed.

I've also tested this with LinkWidthAndSlope - no problems there so the OP could substitute that sub if necessary.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

You may want to try the rehab sub WidenMatchSlope or something to that effect

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report