Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Point Codes, Profile Issue

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
owenmull
1519 Views, 3 Replies

Assembly Point Codes, Profile Issue

Greetings All,

I am having a problem with AutoCAD C3D 2011. I have a road I am designing, an urban street. I have an alignment for it. I have an existing ground surface. The road surface has curb and gutter, and I matched a set of paper plans for that. I built an assembly that matches my specs for typical section. From there, I created sample lines and then proceeded to build a corridor. I created 2 corridor surfaces. Corridor surface one, called "Corridor Top," is a surface of the top of pavement and sidewalk, ie the top of the road, down the daylight to the catch. Corridor surface two, called "Subgrade," is the surface along the bottom of of the assembly, like a footprint, essentially of the roadway. I need to ultimately compare my existing ground surface to this subgrade surface in order to run a quantity, cut or fill ,etc. 

Here is the problem: My Subgrade surface, looking at it in cross section view, is hitting the right feature lines, but in the wrong order feature lines. I've attached a couple images of the problem, as my explanation is probably lousy. When I built my assembly, I have a crowned lane, having only Pave1 and Base, then a general curb (parameters modified from original). All I have on this is Pavement and Base for materials. None of the standard CAD subassemblies, for curb and sidewalk, have base apart of them.

I suspect part of the problem is that, since I need base under the curb and sidewalk, I had to use a Shoulder assembly, (with everything but base depth = 0) for under the curb, and then a lane assembly for the sidewalk (with everything but pavement 1 and base = 0). I've tried creating my own assemblies, adding the proper codes and shapes, to no avail. I'm not at all familiar with .NET or VBA, so creating custom one other than from polylines is not really a viable option for me. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm fairly new to AutoCAD, so KIS please. I understand the point codes to an extend, but I don't know what the issue is. Autodesk help files are lousy, at best, on this. Thanks in advance.

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
awood
in reply to: owenmull

For your bottom surface have you turned on the overhang correction to bottom links?

See attached...

HTH

AWood

Message 3 of 4
owenmull
in reply to: awood

awood - 

Tried that, no avail.

I may have resolved this. I didn't realize you could code the links. I was trying to only code the points, and force it between them only. Once I coded the "bottom" of my roadway to Datum, it is closer to what I want.

Thanks for the reply.

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017
in reply to: owenmull

Now I have a new issue.

I've coded the links, added to my corridor subgrade surface. It's glossing over a corner I need it to pick up, but everything else is fine. I do have 'Overhang Correction' set to 'Bottom Links' but that isn't changing anything. I've tried making one big polyline along my datum surface, coding the appropriate links to Datum, and adding to assembly, etc. etc. but it misses one crucial point. Picture included.

-owenmull

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report