Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly not showing on profile

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
robdolman
404 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly not showing on profile

I can’t seem to manage to get the profile working, the assembly seems to look ok but it doesn’t show on the profile!

The assembly just follows the line of existing ground and does not show the height of the assembly (barrier). Also, if you take a quick section through the alignment/corridor it shows the assembly but doesn’t show it fully??

Something’s not right..

Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Karsten.Saenger
in reply to: robdolman

Hi,
some sceenshots might help to better understand your problem, could you add some please?

Karsten Saenger
Message 3 of 7
robdolman
in reply to: Karsten.Saenger

I have attached some screen shots, in word format, hope it makes it clear. The profile you can see is the ground profile with the proposed running over the top but it should show it 1.7m above the ground profile as shown on the second screen shot showing the assembly.

Message 4 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

The assembly itself cannot be projected to the profile view that way that you see a "line" with the assembly height above the ground.
You first need to create a corridor, then a profile from the corridor. After that you can add the corridor profile to the profile view which should show a vertically shifted line in Z-direction.

Karsten Saenger
Message 5 of 7
robdolman

Thanks for getting back.

I have created a corridor and created a surface from the corridor, the profile you see has both existing ground level and the corridor surface, thats why I am confused!

Message 6 of 7
Karsten.Saenger

Since it works on my test dataset is it possible to attach your drawing to have a look at it?

Karsten Saenger
Message 7 of 7
robdolman

Unfortunately not, the file is too big! The file is only 6mb but too big to send on here, do you have an email address i could send to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report