Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fraseromalley
282 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Issue

Hi,

I've wasted way to much time on this already. I have an overlay assembly with widening which produces a complete & correct corridor as shown on the cross section.

My problem is once I create a material list & section, base & subbase the material list/sections only compute/show one side? This is very odd & I'm doing nothing different to what I did in 2013. I'm now using 2014. I've deleted the assemblies imported from 2013, re-created from tool palettes, purged, audited the dwg & are now out of options. Very strange & massively frustrating.....

Thanks

Fraser

PS: I'm 99.9% sure it's not me as I've never experienced anything like this before.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: fraseromalley

This is a known issue (bug) in 2014 SP1.
Only fix I'm aware of is to revert to HF1.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Civil-3D-2014-S-P-1-0-Bug-Material-calculatio...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:
This is a known issue (bug) in 2014 SP1.
Only fix I'm aware of is to revert to HF1.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Civil-3D-2014-S-P-1-0-Bug-Material-calculation/m-p/4566717/highlight/true#M225919

Jay,

Does HF1 in fact fix this issue?  Is HF1 an UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE from SP1?  Will going from SP1 to HF1 lose any features that do work in SP1?

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: doni49

doni49 wrote:

Does HF1 in fact fix this issue?  Is HF1 an UPGRADE or DOWNGRADE from SP1?  Will going from SP1 to HF1 lose any features that do work in SP1?

All I'm saying is it's the only fix I'm aware of for this particular issue, AFAIK, yes HF1 does compute & display Material Volumes in section normally.

HF1 is pre SP1 so yes it is in fact a downgrade and other issues will be present when using HF1 such as the Section Editor display problem where cad entities and Feature Lines etc. will appear in Section Editor View. I'm sure there are other fixes in SP1 that you'd be missing as well.

I filed an SR for this issue and this is what support offered as the only current option for proper functionality of Material Volumes.
This is a huge problem that needs attention. To be clear, I don't consider this a "Fix" in the true sense of the word.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

@doni49 wrote:

All I'm saying is it's the only fix I'm aware of for this particular issue, AFAIK, yes HF1 does compute & display Material Volumes in section normally.

HF1 is pre SP1 so yes it is in fact a downgrade and other issues will be present when using HF1 such as the Section Editor display problem where cad entities and Feature Lines etc. will appear in Section Editor View. I'm sure there are other fixes in SP1 that you'd be missing as well.

I filed an SR for this issue and this is what support offered as the only current option for proper functionality of Material Volumes.
This is a huge problem that needs attention. To be clear, I don't consider this a "Fix" in the true sense of the word.

Ok.  Thanks.  We're still using 2012.  My supervisor just recently installed 2014 on our computers but hasn't ported over any of our customizations (menus, PC3, templates etc).  Having seen this, I'm going to suggest that we use 2012 for anything that will include corridors and material calc until they get it fixed.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report