Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly from Future Profile

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
kkohlhoff
575 Views, 6 Replies

Assembly from Future Profile

C3D 2010 - Is there a sub-assembly to add to my assembly that would create a point at an offset & elevation? I want to create a corridor using my centerline profile, but centerline is future and I need my corridor to stop 10 feet outside my centerline and daylight to EG. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Would any of the Generic Subassemblies work? There is a LinkOffsetAndElevation subassembly.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 7

I don't think so. Everything I see attaches to the center node of the assembly, and I need it to be offset and lower. The only workaround I know of is extracting featurelines from my full corridor and daylighting with a grading group.

Message 4 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: kkohlhoff

I can't picture what you're trying to do...

It sounds like you simply want a 10' generic link that goes out flat for 10 feet, then a generic Link Slope To Surface assembly to daylight to EG.  Is that not the case?

Sinc
Message 5 of 7
kkohlhoff
in reply to: Sinc

I have attached a image to help. I want to build only what is in yellow, but my centerline road profile for my construction plans is the blue line (future) in the green circle. Since my assembly always connects at this point, I don’t know if there is a solution  to get my corridor to build my section to the shoulder only and daylight to EG from there.

Message 6 of 7
Sinc

That image is difficult to see, but it looks like you simply want a 2% slope for 10 feet from centerline.  You can use the "Link Width and Slope" subassmbly for 10 feet at 2%.  Just set "Omit Link" to TRUE in the subassembly properties, so that this subassembly doesn't create any links.  (Or edit the Link Codes, so they do not include the Top and Datum codes.)

Now you should be able to attach all your yellow stuff to the end of this subassembly.

Sinc
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza

my interpertation of the picture would require an offset assembly. create it as drawn and develop horontal ans vertical control of theright edge, no?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report