Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly for Match Slope, Widening, Mill and Overlay.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
nalexiades
3111 Views, 5 Replies

Assembly for Match Slope, Widening, Mill and Overlay.

Hello Everyone,

Im looking to make an assembly to follow the crown of the existing roadway which is to be milled and overlayed.  In addition to being milled and overlayed there will be a curb bumpout which will be full depth pavement.  The roadway does not hold a constant crown at 2%, it varies which is why I would like it to mimic the existing roadway cross slope. What would be the best way to go about making an assembly to model this. I have attached an image so that you may get an idea of the situation.  I have a curb gutter line which I would like the assembly to target in both width and elevation. The single slanted hatch is mill and overlay and the double slanted hatch is full depth pavement (widening).

Thank you!

Overlay.jpg

C3D 2012
Win 7 x64
8 GB Ram
Quadro K4000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nalexiades
in reply to: nalexiades

Forgot to mention, the thick black line is about where the centerline of the roadway is, I just added it in there for reference.

C3D 2012
Win 7 x64
8 GB Ram
Quadro K4000
Message 3 of 6
sboon

You want to use the existing cross slope through the width of the existing travel lane, then have a grade break in the section to tie into the existing gutter - correct?

You may have to do this in two parts.  Look at the help files for OverlayMillAndLevel1 to see if that will work for the inner portion.  The full depth portion could probably be done with whatever lane sub you want, as long as you can target horizontally and vertically to the gutterline.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 6
nalexiades
in reply to: sboon

Sweet! I was able to make some progress today using the command you suggested, at first I was a little confused because the subassembly didnt show up but after reading the help file breaking down what it is and the difference between the sample point and trim point I was able to create this model below.  I am going to tackle the widening portion of the roadway now as I currently only have the milled area modeled.  I wanted to hold the existing cross slope into the widening area (IE the cross slope determined by the OverlayMillAndLevel subassembly), which sub assembly would you use for this?

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

C3D 2012
Win 7 x64
8 GB Ram
Quadro K4000
Message 5 of 6
sboon

You should be able to use whatever lane sub works best for you.  Getting the slope from the existing roadway across to the new asphalt should be possible using this trick.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
nalexiades
in reply to: sboon

That looks to be exactly what I needed. Thanks!

C3D 2012
Win 7 x64
8 GB Ram
Quadro K4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report