Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly for divided highway with inconsistent offsets and profiles

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
rpidsadny
611 Views, 9 Replies

Assembly for divided highway with inconsistent offsets and profiles

I'm using the stock divided highway assembly out of the common assemblies tab and need to assign a seperate profile and alignments  to the the median  lane edges for both directions. Will this assembly permit this? If not what is the best way to do this? 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
kcobabe
in reply to: rpidsadny

I believe it will only let you target for the width, but not for the elevation.  I would build one with what you need.  Those generic ones leave much to be desired.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 10
rpidsadny
in reply to: kcobabe

Can you suggest the appropriate combination of subassemblies to make this work? I would like the medan shoulders to superelevation with the lanes and median to be depressed and follow a profile as well

Message 4 of 10
sboon

There's a couple of ways to approach this.  We need a little more information about how you want the roadway to work in order to offer the best solution.  Do you want the two sides of the roadway to have separate horizontal alignments, with their own curves profiles and superelevation parameters, or do you want one master alignment down the middle with two alignments along the edges of the median that only control the offset and elevation of the lanes?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 10
rpidsadny
in reply to: sboon

I would like a master alignment down the middle with two alignments along the edges of the median lane  that only control the offset and elevation of the lanes? I also want the super rotation at the median edge and the roadway crowned both  direction. The roadway is rural so the meidan shoulders need to  superelevate as well

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
sboon

Try this assembly.  I think that I've covered all of your requirements.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 10
rpidsadny

Thanks very much Steve, I think this will work. I tried to get the MedianDepressed subassembly to do something similar as what you did but could not get the two sides to connect with a marked point.

I'm wondering why you included the LinkWidthAndSlope subassebly from the baseline to the edge lane in addition to the link to marked point subassembly? Will the assembly work with out this?

Message 8 of 10
sboon

The LinkWidthAndSlope subs are necessary for the corridor to work properly.  The corridor targets are used with these subs to move the lanes and shoulders to the correct offsets and elevations.  After they are built, and the MarkedPoint at the toe of the shoulder is placed, the LinkToMarkedPoint subs can build the connection from the median.

You can turn off the links if you don't want to see them in the corridor.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 9 of 10
rpidsadny

A few more questions..

I noticed in  cross sections I produced for you example corridor that  the left side  alignment  coorridor (alignment -Left 1) is superelevating in the opposited direction than it should  be. Something is not computing correctly.

Is this example using superelevation data from the left and right alignments or just the baseline.

What causes the reverse super. I tried the assembly and got the same results.

I would need the assembly to superelvate based on the respective left and right alignments.

Message 10 of 10
sboon

The subassemblies for the left side have the wrong superelevation parameters set.  I've fixed it in the file that I'll post to your other thread.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report