Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Entities Layer / Style Settings

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Grimes_MG
321 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Entities Layer / Style Settings

What layer or style controls the display and plotting of the yellow “flags” of an assembly. I believe the flags represent either the superelevation or outside point code of the assembly. They keep plotting.....

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Grimes_MG

Turn off the Potential Pivot property of the Subassembly in they will not be displayed.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Grimes_MG
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff.

That works for me b/c my road doesn't need a Pivot but what happens if I did. What layer / Sytle controls the display of the "Potential Pivot" object?

Darn, I guess should have looked harder for someone else to ask this question...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Assembly-Style-Marker/m-p/3684760/highlight/f...

But they didn't answer it, just provided the same solution,"Turn off the Potential Pivot property of the Subassembly in they will not be displayed".

Turning off the property not only turns off the object but also doesn't allow for a pivot. What if you need a pivot AND the object to not plot?

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Grimes_MG

It appears that these are set to take on the layer of the Assembly. They are also herd coded into C3D (unlike the subassemblies that are controlled by VB.NET code which we can alter). Short of Autodesk providing a new property for this, I guess the only way would be to have 2 Assemblies, one for plotting and one for the corridor.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
PeterKozub
in reply to: Jeff_M

Herd coded to funny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report