Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Attachment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
apweng
134 Views, 1 Reply

Assembly Attachment

How do I change the profile and alignment control point on an assembly. For instance, if my horizontal control is the center of road and vertical control is the top of curb?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: apweng

Looking into your original question - can i assume that you have a notional centerline of the proposed road but working you subassemblies from either curb and gutter then insert paved lanes inward? A typical urban road rehab project? If this so - then i suggest you can do so (a) define the assembly around the centerline, (b) then before adding any subassemblies to it, add an offset alignment to that assembly on either side of the assembly, (c) then attach curb and gutters to the controling offset markers on either side (insert towards crown) and (d) then finally attach "LaneTowardCrown" subassembly to the flange point of the gutter. While applying this assembly to your corridor in the "corridors parameters" tab you have to specify the curb profile (optionally curb alignment if you like) appropriately. If I understood you requirement wrongly, please email me a sketch or dwg explaining the same. In Civi l 3D 2005 you may have to have some custom subassemblies for any other special rehab requirement (but generaly assembly contsructuion is similar to above procedure). The soon to be released Civil 3D 2006 will have some new rehab subassemblies out of the box addressing this kind of needs. -- Chakri Gavini chakravarthy.gavini@autodesk.com Product Designer Autodesk Inc ---------------------------- "apweng" wrote in message news:32794457.1111603886932.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > How do I change the profile and alignment control point on an assembly. > For instance, if my horizontal control is the center of road and vertical > control is the top of curb? > > Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report