Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly & Section targets

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
1416 Views, 13 Replies

Assembly & Section targets

I am trying to get an assembly to work but having no luck.  I have a 4' side walk with a (boulevard that varies in slope and distance from the back of curb) on the right side. (The sidewalk is existing and will be put back in the same place)  I have an alignment and profile for the inside edge of sidewalk.  (The inside edge of the sidewalk is the point I want to target). I have tried different targets and assemblies but get get anything to do what I need.  Any ideas on assemblies and getting them to work in the sections?  Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
sboon
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like the UrbanSidewalk sub would be ideal for your situation.  It already has optional boulevard links on the inside and outside of the walkway.  Both the inside and outside edges of the concrete can also be controlled horizontally and vertically with corridor targets.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

Hi GregLee5360,

I encounted the same issue some time ago and used the following methods

1. created 2 alignments. ( one for cl for the road and other one for inside edge of Urbansidewalk

2. Created profiles for the above alignments and prop. vertical profiles.

3. created assembly and offset assembly

4. build the sub-assembly for road pavements ( to the assembly)

5. On one side ( where you want to have side walk) place the point marker and name it "px"

6. On off set assembly build the urban sidewalk and on the other side of off set assembly place "Linktomarkpoint" and name it "px" ( same as point marker name)

7. use proper targets

8. And at the end side of assembly and sub-assembly you could use  "linkslopetosurface" to create daylights.

9. Create corridor.

I hope this would fix the problems.

tks

John.V

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for the help.  The sidewalk seems to be in the right place but there are no lines for the boulevard on either side of the sidewalk in the section view.  The slope does not want to daylight on the outside of the sidewalk.  I think I am taget illiterate.  Any ideas.  Thank You.

Message 5 of 14
SethHall

So is the issue actually the daylight links not showing up in section view? Is the corridor modeling correctly?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: SethHall

The corridor is not modeling correctly either.

Message 7 of 14
SethHall

How about posting some screen caps of the issue? Maybe if we could have a look at the actual issue, we could spark some more ideas or suggestions in the forum.

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 8 of 14
deltacoolguy
in reply to: sboon

@sboon wrote:

It sounds like the UrbanSidewalk sub would be ideal for your situation.  It already has optional boulevard links on the inside and outside of the walkway.  Both the inside and outside edges of the concrete can also be controlled horizontally and vertically with corridor targets.

I'm facing a similar situation.  In my case, I would need the "Inside Boulevard" area's grade to 'float, or adjust as it goes down the corridor.  If I understand you correctly, it can do this... the street be fixed according to FG profile, the sidewalk and "Outside Boulevard" area be fixed to match daylight, and the "Inside Boulevard" be the flexible ppoint both horizontally and vertically.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 9 of 14
deltacoolguy
in reply to: deltacoolguy

@deltacoolguy wrote:

@sboon wrote:

I'm facing a similar situation.  In my case, I would need the "Inside Boulevard" area's grade to 'float, or adjust as it goes down the corridor.  If I understand you correctly, it can do this... the street be fixed according to FG profile, the sidewalk and "Outside Boulevard" area be fixed to match daylight, and the "Inside Boulevard" be the flexible ppoint both horizontally and vertically.

I answered my own question.  What was tripping me up was I had a ConditionalHorizontalTarget in between the curb and sidewalk subassemblies.  Once I eliminated the conditional subassembly it fell together.

On the UrbanSidewalk subassembly I set the "inside boulevard" width to zero.  It didn't look right in the assembly because the sidewalk was right up against the back of curb, but... because I used both an alignment as a horizontal target and a profile for a slope/elevation target, the "inside boulevard" area was flexible in all directions.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 10 of 14
Jeff_M

DId you verify the sections look correct? In previous versions, and I think 2012 is no different, setting the urbansidewalk slope profile target resulted in the sidewalk sloping the same as the inside boulevard slope....so if the boulevard ended up with a 10% slope, so did the sidewalk. See THIS thread for more info.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 11 of 14
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

DId you verify the sections look correct? In previous versions, and I think 2012 is no different, setting the urbansidewalk slope profile target resulted in the sidewalk sloping the same as the inside boulevard slope....so if the boulevard ended up with a 10% slope, so did the sidewalk. See THIS thread for more info.

It looked right both in contour in plan view and in the section editor.

I'm not in Acad right, now, and am getting ready to head out the door, but my memory from last night says the only slope I had to choose in the UrbanSidewalk subassembly was for the sidewalk itself.  Both the outside and inside boulevards kept the same slope as the sidewalk.  In my case, I had a 1' outside boulevard, and this was fine.  I set the inside boulevard to zero width, thus it had no slope as it has no width.  I will double-check this when I get back later this morning, though.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks for all the tips.  I got it to wor using link to offset and slope to the inside edge of sidewalk and the appropriate targets.

Message 13 of 14
deltacoolguy

@deltacoolguy wrote:

@Jeff_M wrote:

It looked right both in contour in plan view and in the section editor.

I'm not in Acad right, now, and am getting ready to head out the door, but my memory from last night says the only slope I had to choose in the UrbanSidewalk subassembly was for the sidewalk itself.  Both the outside and inside boulevards kept the same slope as the sidewalk.  In my case, I had a 1' outside boulevard, and this was fine.  I set the inside boulevard to zero width, thus it had no slope as it has no width.  I will double-check this when I get back later this morning, though.

Ok, time for some humble pie.  You are correct, and that is exactly what happened.  It looked good, but upon closer examination it wasn't quite right.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 14 of 14
deltacoolguy

Jeff_M... The drawing that you linked to seems to have solved my issue.  Thank you very much.

Just a note for anyone else that comes along with the same issue... Using the LinkOffsetAndSlope subassembly doesn't seem to have variable flexibility when you first look at it, but you can override both the horizontal and vertical parameters in the Target Mapping options under the parameters tab in the corridor properties box.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report