Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Alert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Muthya
1314 Views, 4 Replies

Assembly Alert

Could some one tell me how to get over this problem. I am unable to understand the message or take corrective measures.

Assembly Alert.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Muthya

Each side of the Assembly must be in a separate group.

See To Work With Assemblies for more information, also search the Help for "Managing Subassembly Groups"

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
BrianHailey
in reply to: Jay_B

Your lanes are set with the Potential Pivot Point turned on so they are able to superelevate. If you have them on the same side, things don't work so the warning is shown.

If you aren't doing any superelevating, turn off the potential pivot point and you should be fine (I would recommend to put the left subs in the left group and the right subs in the right group but you don't have to, it's just a REALLY good idea).

If you are doing superelevations, make sure youre right subs are on the right and the left subs are on the left. I'm guessing you used the Mirror Subassemblies command. When you do that, and you are mirroring to the centerline of the assembly, just select anywhere on the red vertical line of the assembly, and not one of the subassemblies on the side you are mirroring from.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 4 of 5
Muthya
in reply to: BrianHailey

Figure 11.12

@BrianHailey wrote:

Your lanes are set with the Potential Pivot Point turned on so they are able to superelevate. If you have them on the same side, things don't work so the warning is shown.

If you aren't doing any superelevating, turn off the potential pivot point and you should be fine (I would recommend to put the left subs in the left group and the right subs in the right group but you don't have to, it's just a REALLY good idea).

If you are doing superelevations, make sure youre right subs are on the right and the left subs are on the left. I'm guessing you used the Mirror Subassemblies command. When you do that, and you are mirroring to the centerline of the assembly, just select anywhere on the red vertical line of the assembly, and not one of the subassemblies on the side you are mirroring from.

A warning symbol on
an assembly using
LaneSuperelevationAOR
Here are some of the warnings you may encounter:
Center Pivots Not Applied When Only One Group This usually occurs when you start
your assembly with a median at the center. The construction of the assembly then does not
have distinct left and right groups. Check the Construction tab of the assembly Properties
dialog to verify. The fix is to build your assembly with left and right sides and add the
median last.
Unsupported Subassemblies This warning will appear when you’re attempting to use an
assembly that has the Superelevation Axis Of Rotation parameter absent from its parameters

As I researched more, this is one advise I got. I am struck. I have the CL in the median and the profile also relates to  the CL in Median. That essentially is the BL. How do I "start" with a left or right group? and median as the "last" sub assembly?. Would some one elaborate please.

Message 5 of 5
madhu_konga
in reply to: Muthya

Is there any solution found for this, I am also facing same problem what is your best suggestion to build assembly with median.

Thank you...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report