AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
trynders
Message 1 of 3 (176 Views)

Assemblies and corridors

176 Views, 2 Replies
12-28-2012 12:50 PM

Okay all, here is my next question.  I have a proposed road with a varying curb line.  There is a minimum 5 foot tree lawn between the back of curb and sidewalk.  I have used a lane transition and attached it to an alignment to get the curb to follow.  Also used the urban sidewalk with buffer widths.  How do I connect the back of curb to the sidewalk and keep the sidewalk in the same offset from the baseline.  In the attachment, I have used a zero inside boulevard width and slide the sidewalk over from the curb line in my assembly.  Will this work?

Happy new year all

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (165 Views)

Re: Assemblies and corridors

12-28-2012 01:35 PM in reply to: trynders

That would work, except you lose the Top codes connection and may confuse a surface build. I use a polyline at the edge of sidewalk and assign that as a horizontal target for the inside edge of the sidewalk.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 3 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: Assemblies and corridors

12-28-2012 03:38 PM in reply to: trynders

I would use an Offset Alignment as the Target.

It's quick to Create and will dynamically follow the baseline at the offset distance should the baseline have to move around.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.