Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemblies and corridors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
trynders
295 Views, 2 Replies

Assemblies and corridors

Okay all, here is my next question.  I have a proposed road with a varying curb line.  There is a minimum 5 foot tree lawn between the back of curb and sidewalk.  I have used a lane transition and attached it to an alignment to get the curb to follow.  Also used the urban sidewalk with buffer widths.  How do I connect the back of curb to the sidewalk and keep the sidewalk in the same offset from the baseline.  In the attachment, I have used a zero inside boulevard width and slide the sidewalk over from the curb line in my assembly.  Will this work?

Happy new year all

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: trynders

That would work, except you lose the Top codes connection and may confuse a surface build. I use a polyline at the edge of sidewalk and assign that as a horizontal target for the inside edge of the sidewalk.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
fcernst
in reply to: trynders

I would use an Offset Alignment as the Target.

It's quick to Create and will dynamically follow the baseline at the offset distance should the baseline have to move around.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report