Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asks for C3d CD every startup..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
soundengine
120 Views, 3 Replies

Asks for C3d CD every startup..

Hello. I tried searching first as to keep redundant topics down, but I couldnt find it in the search database. Apologies up front.

Every time I turn on my computer, a window pops up that says "Please insert C3d CD, Installing updates". At first, I was glad to do so; updates, sure, ill take them... Now, after owning the software for weeks, and this happenening EVERY restart, 2 or 3 times a day, I realize, it is not updating..
Just seems to load the "setup" program every startup, and cant find the disk. I have no idea why it does this. I installed C3D on another machine, actually 3 other machines(All legal versions), and none of the other machines ask for the disk at startup.

Any help would be much appreciated, as I am pulling my hair out over this.
Thanks,
=-Ben
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gshaner
in reply to: soundengine

I was having the same problem, so I un-installed civil 3D, and now LDDT will not start up. Serious issue, I do not want to re-load LDDT and Civil design because of this.
Message 3 of 4
soundengine

Yeah, Ive uninstalled twice now, and the problem still only shows up on this PC.

Even my Boss had to reinstall on one of his machines for another reason, and the problem didnt show up on his machine...

Still clueless...
=-Ben
Message 4 of 4
gshaner

I just did a fix registry when asked on the reload. That fix my problem with LDT. I was told that a new service pack is out for Civil 3D, I am going to try that and see what happens.

George

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report