Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

area command

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
uvillarreal
230 Views, 4 Replies

area command

I am trying to get the units to display on the command line when I get the area of a polyline. After typing in the area command and finding the area of a polyline, the command line just gives me the

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ccoles
in reply to: uvillarreal

The units are based on the units set in the drawing. We have our units set for feet, and the area is going to be square feet.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 5
uvillarreal
in reply to: ccoles

O okay. But how can I get the "square feet" to be displayed in the area command?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Message 4 of 5
L3GO-Ed

If you have the Command line on, the area in whatever Units of interest should display there. Otherwise you can also turn on dynamic input and get your results on the tip of your cursor.

Message 5 of 5
doni49

@uvillarreal wrote:
O okay. But how can I get the "square feet" to be displayed in the area command?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

When I read that question, it sounds like you're wanting to put "Square feet" after the number (so that acad actually says "3000 square feet).  If that's what you're asking, NO CAN DO.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report